Author Topic: Stress induced Gyno  (Read 14646 times)

Offline StressedOut

• Posting Member
Hello, new to forum,

I believe my Gyno changes size depending on factors like stress and lack of sleep. My Doctor said I had high prolactin levels which I believe lowers testosterone.
I had an MRI which ruled out the Putuitary gland and I am currently waiting on an appointment with an Endochronologist.

All this started ( the Gyno ) when I got promoted / wife had baby / trying to finish Degree Moved 2000 miles and started renovating an old house.

Has anyone else experienced hormone ( stress ) related Gyno? that went away when the hormones went back to normal?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:06:55 PM by StressedOut »

Offline gynesux22

• Posting Member
I definately believe this theory...I work out all the time I am 20 years old, 155 pounds and I dont get much sleep...6 hours roughly if i am lucky, it seems as though it gets worse then better then worse then better...but never resolved...I had surgery on my left side but my right side has small nodules that act up and cause my nipple to get puffy, when the nipple is cold you can't even tell I have it...its so wierd and it bugs the crap out of me...I am about to try nolvadex but I think I want to get one more blood test done.  I know how ya feel.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You mentioned that your wife had a baby.

I started to Lactate a few drops when my second son was born.  When I mentioned it to the Dr. he pointed out that my wife had literally been perspiring hormones and when I snuggled up to her it was like I was wearing a supersize skin patch of hormones.  

While I cannot be sure if the Dr. was serious or just pulling my leg,  The Idea has at least some logic and I'd like to know if anyone else has been similarly affected.

The Dr. was a friend and he might have said that in jest,  But, you never know.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Water...

is causing your gyno to look worse/look better

that and visual preception

i know it's just not me

but i'm sure many of you think you look hotter.. lol when you're in a better mood.

mood/water retention/... When you dont get enough sleep ie.. laying down, you are actually shorter..

same amount of gyno+ shorter you= gyno looking worse.

also stress causes cortisol spikes.  Men put fat on their chest.  Honestly if you're not at least 10% bodyfat, i dont see how you can possible judge what's gyno, whats not.

anyway, i woudln't worry about it.  Stress is bad.  You should be more concerend with just mellowing out then the gyno.  

Offline StressedOut

• Posting Member
I dont think it is stress that directly causes Gynecomastia, but Stress will cause a hormonal imbalance which I have, and one of the causes of Gynocomastia is a hormonal imbalance.
  I went to get a mammogram and the sheet they handed me regarding this said it should go away when the root cause is resolved.

Though I am not stressed out outwardly, I handle it well enough, it is life changing stresses that I need to work through. Hopefully this will take care of itself.

Thanks again for all input, perhaps water retention is playing a part also.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:11:13 PM by StressedOut »

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
I dont think it is stress that directly causes Gynecomastia, but Stress will cause a hormonal imbalance which I have, and one of the causes of Gynocomastia is a hormonal imbalance.
  I went to get a mammogram and the sheet they handed me regarding this said it should go away when the root cause is resolved.

Though I am not stressed out outwardly, I handle it well enough, it is life changing stresses that I need to work through. Hopefully this will take care of itself.

Thanks again for all input, perhaps water retention is playing a part also.

bro there is not a chance in hell that stress alone can cause gyno.

Offline StressedOut

• Posting Member

bro there is not a chance in hell that stress alone can cause gyno.

I have high prolactin levels a hormone, stress causes this

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/heartandblood/203252.html

And acording to this link ;

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/embarrassments/a/gyn_males.htm

Gynecomastia is caused by a hormonal imbalance,

That is my logic and this is the evidence I have found.

If you have any resourses to the contrary I would like to hear it.

Cheers

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member

I have high prolactin levels a hormone, stress causes this

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/heartandblood/203252.html

And acording to this link ;

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/embarrassments/a/gyn_males.htm

Gynecomastia is caused by a hormonal imbalance,

That is my logic and this is the evidence I have found.

If you have any resourses to the contrary I would like to hear it.

Cheers

prolactin cannot not induce gyno if estradiol is kept in check.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
Hello, new to forum,

I believe my Gyno changes size depending on factors like stress and lack of sleep. My Doctor said I had high prolactin levels which I believe lowers testosterone.
I had an MRI which ruled out the Putuitary gland and I am currently waiting on an appointment with an Endochronologist.

All this started ( the Gyno ) when I got promoted / wife had baby / trying to finish Degree Moved 2000 miles and started renovating an old house.

Has anyone else experienced hormone ( stress ) related Gyno? that went away when the hormones went back to normal?

and i'm not trying to be rude... here..

but it looks like you're making your own diagnosis here for the most part.  

it is

A.  More likely that your gyno is changing due to water/visaul preception.. not lack of sleep/stress

B.  You have high prolactin because of some kind of a dopamine, serotonin, or other thyroid-producing hormone dysfunction.. and stress might just be a co-pilot considering u have gyno, and a prolactin dysfunction on itself.

basically you have your ordering mixed is is my final conclusion if u want it lol

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Pal i don't have medical evidence to prove stress does not cause gyno but i will say this , Iam the most stressed out person you will meet. I worry about everything and normaly get around five to six hours sleep a night. If Iam lucky.

I hae a case of mild gyno that was medication  induced . since coming off the med my gyno has reduced somewhat. if stress did cause gyno I would still have the gyno as bad as it was.

I used to work in a very stressful occupation, where we would get sometimes two maybe three hours sleep a night .And the guys I work with didn't get gyno and I know this because I went training with them.

yes this is not medical evidence but so many guys are stressed out and if that caused gyno we would have an empidemic. However people tend not to look after themselves as well when stressed out. Not eating right etc no exercise may cause you to put fat on your chest.(not saying this is the case with you.)

If your prolactin is off there must be another reason I don't beleive stress on its own would do this.My two cents.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
good read ^^

but just again, i have no proof of this and am not going to spend hours digging up the info

but just from reading countless threads on various boards i can assure you prolactin alone cannot cause gyno in men, unless you it is so high that it cause hypogondisim, in which case i think you would be the first person in history to become this way because you are stressed out

Offline Hypo-is-here

High Prolactin can and DOES cause gynecomastia irrespective of the level of estradiol.

Prolactin can increase via stress, but it would not stay elevated for a sufficient period of time or to a sufficiently high enough level to cause gynecomastia.

Your hormones are at work 24/7 and it is only when they are sufficiently out of balance and for a reasonable continual duration that a problem arises.

So high prolactin inducing gynecomastia is only an issue for those with hepatic and renal problems, prolactinomas and other underlying causes of significance.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 09:41:28 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
High Prolactin can and DOES cause gynecomastia irrespective of the level of estradiol.

Prolactin can increase via stress, but it would not stay elevated for a sufficient period of time or to a sufficiently high enough level to cause gynecomastia.

Your hormones are at work 24/7 and it is only when they are sufficiently out of balance and for a reasonable continual duration that a problem arises.

So high prolactin inducing gynecomastia is only an issue for those with hepatic and renal problems, prolactinomas and other underlying causes of significance.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 10:51:11 AM by gynosucks1 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 12:55:22 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline StressedOut

• Posting Member
Pal i don't have medical evidence to prove stress does not cause gyno but i will say this , Iam the most stressed out person you will meet. I worry about everything and normaly get around five to six hours sleep a night. If Iam lucky.

I hae a case of mild gyno that was medication  induced . since coming off the med my gyno has reduced somewhat. if stress did cause gyno I would still have the gyno as bad as it was.

I used to work in a very stressful occupation, where we would get sometimes two maybe three hours sleep a night .And the guys I work with didn't get gyno and I know this because I went training with them.

yes this is not medical evidence but so many guys are stressed out and if that caused gyno we would have an empidemic. However people tend not to look after themselves as well when stressed out. Not eating right etc no exercise may cause you to put fat on your chest.(not saying this is the case with you.)

If your prolactin is off there must be another reason I don't beleive stress on its own would do this.My two cents.

Thanks, seeing as I have Gyno on one side I believe it to be more the gland then fat deposits, also when I said stress, I meant more to do with my body being stressed, ie just doing far  too much, working 18 to 20 hour days from the minute I get up to when I fall in to bed 7 days a week, I didnt feel stressed at all, just burned out. I spoke to a friend about this and she  high prolactin levels after a blood test which was due to working two jobs and taking care of her family.

But hey,  what else can I do other then self diagnosis while I wait for the Endochronologist appointment?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 05:23:46 PM by StressedOut »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024