Author Topic: Bra wearing needed?  (Read 2247 times)

Orb

I have read many post about the need to wear a bra.  It's not a medical necessity to wear.  What the bra does is help manage the discomfort of having breast tissue being pulled down with gravity as tissue is flopping and being tugged in ways that damage.  Its a solution to a problem.  What a friend, spouse, partner and companion need to know and help us with is seeing the value in this garment and supporting us in a way that helps us be comfortable in one.  I don't think all of us need to get everyone on board with the bra wearing as a need right away solution.  Identify the problem first then seek and get solutions to it. 
Preventing further damage and alleviating discomfort is a bras purpose.
Providing shape is also a huge plus.  I feel appearance is also a big step to feeling good.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 09:34:18 AM by Orb »

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
I see a bra as a tool and it’s a tool I use for comfort. All my bras is basic and simple.

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
I see a bra as a tool and it’s a tool I use for comfort. All my bras is basic and simple.
My first awareness of my start down this path was constant nipple sensation - very pleasant in certain limited situations - but annoying most of the rest of the time!  Something that I was never conscious of before came into sharp focus.

I tried bandaids (plasters) at first, which helped for dulling the rubbing sensation from a t-shirt, but didn’t help for something like a seatbelt.  Plus removing the tape was super annoying.  This eventually led to a pull-over bra (from Jockey), which added a touch of compression plus a smoother result and relief.  Next I discovered the pull-over with cup inserts - and thought I found the ultimate solution.  However I was annoyed by the wider band beneath the breasts and for me a tendency to roll and curl. 

But as I developed one step lead to another.  I screwed up the courage and was measured and fitted for a 42B underwire. The narrower band worked better.  And I realized I had begun the quest most women have pursued:  finding the “perfect” comfortable bra. 

I came to the point where fit and comfort were more important than style - all would be covered by a shirt anyway.  This open approach led me to try on a padded bra (Torrid) - and I instantly liked the extra insulation and warmth provided during the cold months.  I had unwillingly moved well past basic to discover better fits.  With weight loss I was back for a fitting to discover further options opened up by a new 40C measurement.   

And so it goes.  Like most of us this became a complex journey - not “one and done.”  It eventually involves others well beyond our comfort zone like doctors, family, spouses, girlfriends, SA’s at various stores, and even coworkers.  Not to forget this community!

Confused old man

@jan1north...your story is the same as mine. I took that same path. We even have the same measurements. Bra wearing is definitely needed for me. I was changing the oil in my truck and smacked my boob. Hurt for three days. Now when I’m working around the house I wear a padded bra. It’s amazing how that helps if I accidentally smack my boobs now. Sometimes I forget they are sticking out and in the way at times.

aboywithgirls

@jan1north...your story is the same as mine. I took that same path. We even have the same measurements. Bra wearing is definitely needed for me. I was changing the oil in my truck and smacked my boob. Hurt for three days. Now when I’m working around the house I wear a padded bra. It’s amazing how that helps if I accidentally smack my boobs now. Sometimes I forget they are sticking out and in the way at times.
I also started with very basic bras. They were hand me downs from my sister who had out grown them. I wore them only when my nipples were sore or when my I was involved in activities where I would have to control the girls. When I had the opportunity to go bra shopping, I tried my first underwire bra, I was 16. I have been wearing underwire bras ever since. I wear molded cup and unlined bras but an underwire has better support , shape, and for me, all day comfort 🤗

Sophie

Offline dunkin

• Posting Member
For many people I would agree that bra wearing is not a medical necessity. For myself it is. Due to a injury I received years ago while working as a medic, I suffered for a long time and I refuse to be a pill popper with meds. I tried a ace bandage, I tried everything I could find that might possibly work for me. Numerous doctors looked for something that would bring some relief. About 4 of the doctors out of the many I saw suggested to try a bra. Needless to say that it was a shock to both myself and my wife. So we tried a few different ones looking for that perfect one that would help. We stubbled upon the one bra that seems to work well for relief of the pain and also found out that I have slight gyno that I really never paid much attention to before. Now because of my injury I can no longer work out like I used to or do a lot of things I used to. Luckily my wife has stuck by me through it all and she has gotten to be rather fond of seeing me in my bra. Neither one of us would have guessed that I could fill out a bra and some of the doctors I see agree that I do need one simply for the breast weight. I’m not large in that area but because of my injury even a small amount of breast tissue causes problems. I have letters from 3 doctors that states I’m required to wear a bra daily and I keep one of those letters in my wallet so if I’m ever approached by someone wondering why I’m wearing a bra, I can simply show that letter. I come to this site almost daily because it provides support from a lot of great people and reading their stories can change the outlook on my whole day. I never thought I would be a man wearing a bra daily with breasts that fill it but here I am doing it everyday and I want to thank so many of you here for telling your stories. Believe it or not, it makes a difference to many of us. My wife is completely on board with my situation and has said that if I was to develop more in my breast size she is fine with it cause she actually likes it. Who new, lol. Sorry for the long post and rant.

aboywithgirls

For many people I would agree that bra wearing is not a medical necessity. For myself it is. Due to a injury I received years ago while working as a medic, I suffered for a long time and I refuse to be a pill popper with meds. I tried a ace bandage, I tried everything I could find that might possibly work for me. Numerous doctors looked for something that would bring some relief. About 4 of the doctors out of the many I saw suggested to try a bra. Needless to say that it was a shock to both myself and my wife. So we tried a few different ones looking for that perfect one that would help. We stubbled upon the one bra that seems to work well for relief of the pain and also found out that I have slight gyno that I really never paid much attention to before. Now because of my injury I can no longer work out like I used to or do a lot of things I used to. Luckily my wife has stuck by me through it all and she has gotten to be rather fond of seeing me in my bra. Neither one of us would have guessed that I could fill out a bra and some of the doctors I see agree that I do need one simply for the breast weight. I’m not large in that area but because of my injury even a small amount of breast tissue causes problems. I have letters from 3 doctors that states I’m required to wear a bra daily and I keep one of those letters in my wallet so if I’m ever approached by someone wondering why I’m wearing a bra, I can simply show that letter. I come to this site almost daily because it provides support from a lot of great people and reading their stories can change the outlook on my whole day. I never thought I would be a man wearing a bra daily with breasts that fill it but here I am doing it everyday and I want to thank so many of you here for telling your stories. Believe it or not, it makes a difference to many of us. My wife is completely on board with my situation and has said that if I was to develop more in my breast size she is fine with it cause she actually likes it. Who new, lol. Sorry for the long post and rant.
This is pretty much how it was for me as a teenager. I was 16 when I started wearing a bra full time. I didn't have many options back then. I also ha a doctor's note stating the physical necessity of wearing a bra. This was important for a couple reasons, the biggest one was it excused me from the physical education requirement.

Orb

Thank you for sharing your story dunkin.  I'm glad to hear you visit here and have found the support of others helpful.  I would say that for most here the comfort of wearing a bra far out weighs the fear of wearing.  You know what I mean.  There are others I feel that the wearing of brings such anxiety and disapproval from those around them that true comfort can't be had.  It's for them I say approach it slow. The wearing of a good fitting bra should bring comfort on all levels.  I'll never be the first to say, Bra Up!  If your in a relationship let it be a solution to a problem.  Then and only then will comfort be felt on all levels.

Offline Johndoe1

Well said, Orb. Thank you.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I have anew one, my came to me and wanted to know the website where I buy mine, because hers are too tight.as has ben mentioned before sometimes we know more about bras and buyinf than a lot of women know. I asked her what branf she has, didnt know dhe just grabs and buys.I got her to the herrom page and she didnt know where to start. I asked her how old hers were. didnt know just old. Now I guess i am going to have to sit down with her and help my wife wuth bra buying

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024