Author Topic: noticing your own breast notic  (Read 2345 times)

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I found out people noticed my boobs in summer camp and then again when I got back to school. At the start of the 6th grade I was attacked in the boy's room, my shirt was pulled up and I received tytty twisters and a pink belly. That's where they twist your nipples and slap your stomach until it's red, or pink. At the same time I was being made fun of for being gay. Funny thing, I didn't even know what gay was. I was a big Elton fan and that meant I must be gay. I had to ask my dad what it meant. But I never said anything about being attacked and made fun of. I was too sensitive about the boobs to say anything to anyone.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I didn't start growing breasts until after I retired at 61.  About 3 years later, I had soreness in my left breast and noticed development in both breasts.  A mammogram confirmed Gynecomastia.  Last year, I had the same thing in my right breast.  No cancer, but more breast tissue than my left.  6 months ago, I had a dental cleaning and my Hygienist noticed my breasts, while I was on my back, while putting on my bib.  I wasn't wearing a bra and had on a golf shirt.  I told her my issue and she was fine.  Today, I had my cleaning and same Hygienist.  Wore a sports bra and thick pull over.  All was fine.  

Offline gotgyne

A mammogram confirmed Gynecomastia.
I don't think that a mammogram is necessary to confirm gynecomastia. It is self-explanatory if you look at the breasts, the nipples and the areolas. Some doctors make a difference in gynecomastia and lipomastia, but the effect is the same. Both kinds of breast-tissue can be uncomfortable without the support of a good bra. And women have glandular tissue with milk ducts and fat, the latter increasing with age.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Dudewithboobs

Yeah when I went to my dr in 2018 when I had initial onset he did a general breast exam and after 30 seconds was like yup that’s breast tissue and ordered me an ultrasound to be safe but general exam should be enough and save a ton on a bill if your insurance is like mine lol. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
A mammogram confirmed Gynecomastia.
I don't think that a mammogram is necessary to confirm gynecomastia. It is self-explanatory if you look at the breasts, the nipples and the areolas. Some doctors make a difference in gynecomastia and lipomastia, but the effect is the same. Both kinds of breast-tissue can be uncomfortable without the support of a good bra. And women have glandular tissue with milk ducts and fat, the latter increasing with age.
John
The reason the Dr. ordered a mammogram was to rule out breast cancer.  The radiologist told me he didn't find any cancer, but that both breasts had significant more breast tissue than my last mammogram 6 years ago.

aboywithgirls

I was 30 years old, almost 20 years ago when I had my first mammogram. I have a family history of BC. It was my family history and my breast size  combined that warranted my first trip to the Breast Care Center. I didn't know then that I would be working there or that I would later be a woman, myself working there.

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I was 30 years old, almost 20 years ago when I had my first mammogram. I have a family history of BC. It was my family history and my breast size  combined that warranted my first trip to the Breast Care Center. I didn't know then that I would be working there or that I would later be a woman, myself working there.

Sophie ❤️
Sophie, that is coincidental and interesting.  They really squeeze the boobs during a mammogram.  When one is already painful, it a big ouch.  I also had a ultrasound on both and I couldn't wait for the right to be done.  I just got my bills and everything was paid by medicare and my supplemental.  Hopefully, no more for at least 6 years.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024