Author Topic: Nipples and Montgomery Glands  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Mature

• Posting Member
I've been on dutasteride for 6 months, prescribed for BPH, and believe I have recently been noticing a breast tissue development side effect over about the last 4-6 weeks.

This last week my left breast has been noticeably itchy and I think I have been noticing both my nipples becoming easily aroused and to be quite honest less sensitive than what I consider normal. I have always hated having my nipples touched in the past but I've recently found myself playing with them and enjoying the sensation.

I have been aware of the small lumps around the areola of my typically small male nipples but never thought anything about it rather than perhaps they were hair follicles, I have a moderately hairy chest. I'm now imagining my nipples are becoming softer and a bit more pink. Today I was rubbing one and found one of the little lump popped a bit of debris looking mostly like dead skin and sebum oil. Looking at my other nipple I noticed another of the bumps looking like a whitehead and it too popped a similar plug with little persuasion.

Dr Google lead me to read about Montgomery Glands.

My question is - what have others experienced during the initial phase of this type of breast development regarding nipple changes? Do they become more supple concurrent with breast tissue development? Is it possible the previously dormant Montgomery glands are activating and lubricating what has previously been a inactive body part? Do the areolas grow larger to?

Gino

"My question is - what have others experienced during the initial phase of this type of breast development regarding nipple changes? 

A while after budding (at least on me) my nipples became more erect, get hard very fast, or sometimes STAY hard for a several hours. They have remained very sensitive. 

Do they become more supple concurrent with breast tissue development? 

No, not on me.

Is it possible the previously dormant Montgomery glands are activating and lubricating what has previously been a inactive body part? 

Unknown

Do the areolas grow larger to?"

Yes by quite a bit. They used to be very small and are now well over an inch in diameter. 

In my unscientific layperson experience, the buds stay firm and grow under the areola, and continue to spread, staying firm. The  one single thing I read which had more detail stated that this firm area continues to grow and the areola may expand also. When the bud stops growing it softens and the breast has stopped developing.

There is nearly ZERO details of what goes on beyond simple "they grow" statements, completely lacking in detail! It's like saying to make a cake you mix the ingredients and bake them. 

Busted (and happy)

My montgomery glands are more prominent but not greatly. Areeolas are also noticeable larger.
The main difference apart from breast growth (slow but sure) is that nipples are harder in general and more prone to soreness to any friction. Nipples project through clothing if not bra'd up, and are easily aroused to increased sensitivity - usually pleasurable but there are times,  when I am experiencing general discomfort that I put down to growth that I really don't want my wife playing with them!

Dudewithboobs

My question is - what have others experienced during the initial phase of this type of breast development regarding nipple changes? 

Only changes to my nipples over the couple years of growth has been continuous hardening and easily stimulated in doing so. Often when I feel tingles or aches of growth i notice my nipples also hurt a little making a bra more needed than wanted. This usually goes away a bit after the tingles and such fade as well. I haven’t noticed any noticeable enlargement to my nipples in length or roundness. 

Do they become more supple concurrent with breast tissue development? 

This I believe depends on what is causing the growth.And each person is probably different. Mine haven’t become more so. 

Is it possible the previously dormant Montgomery glands are activating and lubricating what has previously been a inactive body part? 

I would assume so. This part of the body I believe is estrogen dominant in regard to higher levels or more dominant in system the more change occurs in lubricating etc. hence why women’s are usually very soft looking and men’s aren’t. And equally women’s are but trans men’s are not. 

Do the areolas grow larger to?

Some may but mine from flat to full b cup has not changed any. I do notice when in a bra all day and take it off my areolas are much larger not whoa but noticeable. And much softer to touch and sensitivity and appearance. I believe this is more due to being protected from the elements and air all day more than anything though. 

Gino

"Do the areolas grow larger to?

Some may but mine from flat to full b cup has not changed any. I do notice when in a bra all day and take it off my areolas are much larger not whoa but noticeable. And much softer to touch and sensitivity and appearance. I believe this is more due to being protected from the elements and air all day more than anything though. "

I thought it strange when in the morning mine appeared MUCH smaller but as the day goes by they nearly double in size. Maybe due to sleep takes  the weight off of them, then as the day goes by the weight of the unsupported boob expands them.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 06:32:30 AM by Gino »

Offline taxmapper

Fascinating point. 

With me, I have always had the little "bumps" and always thought they were simply part of the package. Men or women.  

But now this awareness aspect opens up even more questions for me.   

My nipples have remained largely erect this whole time that they have been growing and why I always have on padded bras. 

I also have the issue of hair around the nipps that I shave off and have long done this without really paying attestation to the fact that I have to shave slowly and carefully to avoid amputating one of the 'bumps". 

I have sliced them before.  

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Mine are very hard and erect all the time. Even in a hot shower. I also wear lightly padded bras for that reason. Will even show through the padded bras. And for those little hairs, I pluck them. Don’t want to take a chance in cutting them for sure.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
i didnt have tht many plucked them never grew back. aloso about 6 chest hairs plucked them too, also never came back

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I just use an electric razor around the areola.  Takes no time and works.  Of course, I need to do it once a week.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024