Author Topic: The Cogiati Test  (Read 1342 times)

Offline gotgyne

Since we've dealt not solely with our breasts but with a lot of further consequences of our "hormonal stew" as 42CSurprise named it, perhaps some of you'd like to do the Cogiati Test (Cogiati = Combined Gender Identity and Transsexuality Inventory). It was invented by Jennifer Diane Reitz, a transwoman, but is also useful for people who do not exactly know where in the gender continuum they belong.
I did it long ago and the result was not 100 per cent feminine, but that I could much better live as a woman than a man, which is true.

https://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Since we've dealt not solely with our breasts but with a lot of further consequences of our "hormonal stew" as 42CSurprise named it, perhaps some of you'd like to do the Cogiati Test (Cogiati = Combined Gender Identity and Transsexuality Inventory). It was invented by Jennifer Diane Reitz, a transwoman, but is also useful for people who do not exactly know where in the gender continuum they belong.
I did it long ago and the result was not 100 per cent feminine, but that I could much better live as a woman than a man, which is true.

I haven't specifically taken that test, but a personality test that found my personality to be largely feminine. It was not a shock to me in the least.

It used to be free, now they charge for it.

I took another personality test as the screenshot attached. 

https://www.idrlabs.com/gender/test.php
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 08:02:15 AM by Justagirl💃 »
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Thanks for this thread, gotgyne. Just for shits and giggles, I took the test, along with more than a grain of salt. My immediate thoughts were, like any online test (and I've done a few), it would be easy to manipulate things by choosing the obvious answers to suit a desired outcome. The test seems to be designed for people who experience a great deal of dysphoria too, or at least, are desparate to transition for other reasons. But, I tried to answer the questions as honestly as I could.

What did surprise me was the result. With a score of -170, I am apparently a feminine male. Okay, that part wasn't surprising, but the summary was: "...has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem. Any struggles you have are most likely caused by internal shame over your needs and desires, or because of curiosity over what those needs represent. There is, however, some indication of a strong feminine side to your being, and this is intrinsic to your constitution." This is scarily accurate!

It goes on to suggest that my gender expressions are more than mere play and are a form of personal identity expression. I agree with that. Also that if I ever sought professional counselling to deal with it, it should be with the aim to be able to express myself without shame. That part I'm already achieving without help, and although I have sometimes questioned whether I should seek the help of a gender therapist, I've never actually felt compelled to do so.

So yeah, in my case, the results did seem to reflect how I already felt about myself, apart from one difference. I am at peace with myself. ;)

Offline Johndoe1

I have taken that test. I was a 55, classification of three, androgyne.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline gotgyne

Thank you to all of you, especially for showing the results. As my first test was a long time ago, I did the Cogiati test now for the second time. My result is: "Your COGIATI result value is: 135 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL". I'm not surprised of the result.

Evolver you're right, it is easy to manipulate the test by choosing the answers for the desired outcome. But I answered the questions as honestly as possible, as in your case.

Of course the test is not the ultimate tool to display someones gender issues exactly, but it can give useful hints. Nor might all questions apply to everybody, but it could be interesting for some of us who are insecure about their feelings.

Offline Justagirl💃

Thank you to all of you, especially for showing the results. As my first test was a long time ago, I did the Cogiati test now for the second time. My result is: "Your COGIATI result value is: 135 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL". I'm not surprised of the result.

Evolver you're right, it is easy to manipulate the test by choosing the answers for the desired outcome. But I answered the questions as honestly as possible, as in your case.

Of course the test is not the ultimate tool to display someones gender issues exactly, but it can give useful hints. Nor might all questions apply to everybody, but it could be interesting for some of us who are insecure about their feelings.
A good friend of mine once asked me to name 5 of my closest friends, friends I could tell anything to. 

Then look too see it the majority were female or male. 

That is very telling a well. 

BodyPos34B

Interesting and thorough test. A lot more in tune to trying to ask questions that mattered rather than most I remember doing in the past that were so predictable in the questions 

Your COGIATI result value is: 125 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Offline Justagirl💃

I tried taking this one on my smartphone several times now. It has kicked me out almost to the end each time. It's a bit frustrating!
I guess using a laptop might be easier?

Update: took it on my laptop and I got a score of 435, cogiati classification 5, transsexual. 

BodyPos34B

I used it on my phone no issues here but depending on service and settings can pose issues I’m sure. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I looked at the test with skepticism.  I did answer as honestly as I could.  I see the range must be broad.  JohnDoe1 is 55 and ItsJustMeDude at 125 and both falling in the Three Androgyne class. 

I was a 65.  In the same class:  "What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it."

That I feel suites me.
That said, I feel a bit happy, or a sense of comfort, knowing I was and am perceived that way.

Offline Justagirl💃

I tried taking this one on my smartphone several times now. It has kicked me out almost to the end each time. It's a bit frustrating!
I guess using a laptop might be easier?

Update: took it on my laptop and I got a score of 435, cogiati classification 5, transsexual.
I would be interested in seeing a cis-female take the quiz and see what her score is?

Anyone have a wife willing to try?

Offline taxmapper

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
-10...androgynous. Both male and female at the same time. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Which makes sense. I have looked like that all my life. Sometimes I get the ma’am and sometimes I get the sir response.

Offline taxmapper

The result isn’t surprising to me but some of the questions and answers seemed repetitive.

Regardless it makes me wonder about other things.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024