Author Topic: arnica and massaging !  (Read 2478 times)

Offline terminator t

• Posting Member
Hi everybody. What strength arnica did you all take prior to surgery and what is best for massaging ? I looked in the shops the other day at some palmers stuff. There were several different types, the one that looked best had a pregnant woman on the front and was for stretch marks !!

I am having surgery with levick on dec 16th and starting to panic a bit, but also very excited and a bit worried about it not coming out right. I figure that it cant be any worse than it is right now, but on the plus side it could be a million times better.

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
You want to get Arnica tablets and not the cream (not sure if this is what you meant or not) but the tabets come in small tubes and come in two strengths, I got the stronger one. I got mine in Holland & Barrett....

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I got the same ones from Holland and Barrett. Ask at the conter for the maximum strength arnica tablets, it think they keep them under the conter. They are called 30c strength.

I bought the palmers massage cocoa butter from boots. You dont need to rush for this though as you probably wont want to start massaging for at least 2-3 weeks.

Good luck with your surgery. I know its an exciting and nervous time. The staff their were absolutley amazing and made my stay a breeze. The surgery itself didnt hurt and was quite easy as well.

If your hairy i would suggest you shave your body hair Chest & Underarm, as the bandage you have on sticks very tight and pulling them off would be a nightmare with bodyhair.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
If your hairy i would suggest you shave your body hair Chest & Underarm, as the bandage you have on sticks very tight and pulling them off would be a nightmare with bodyhair.

Would rubbing baby oil into the 'sticking area' help release the adheasive as you pull the bandage off?  Anyone with experience with this?

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Alcohol works! Softens the adhesive right off. Obviously pure med. grade stuff would be ideal but since I got to a 'point of desperation' with bandages half off and all stuck to my chest hair....I just poured a load of 101 wild turkey bourbon over it - bandage just melted off, result! Waste of good juice though.

Webster.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024