Author Topic: How do you feel post surgery?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline UKChap

• Bronze Member
Hopefully I'm having surgery next year, but I'm a little concerned as to how you feel after getting the man boobs out.  I know this sounds weird because I hate having gyne, but I've never really been without it (apart from when I was a little kid).   Would some peeps who have had surgery give me some idea how you felt post-surgery, please?  Did you feel abnormal still?  Self consious?  What's it like to wear a shirt and not have to hide it?  What's it like to be with out man boobs, basically.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

:P

Offline webster

• Silver Member
UKChap    Is it possible to be a peep with wife & kids? Dunno. I offer the following anyway.

If gyne bothers you, then worry about getting a good PS to do you right, not what it'll be like to be boobless 'cos that will be a breeze m8.

In my case I forget about the daily grief of gyne real quick post-op. Most people on these boards have concerns post-op but I can't recall any wanting their old t*ts back. That's the point innit?

ATB Webster.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:26:21 AM by webster »

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Thanks in advance for any replies. :P

Personally I found it to be quite anti-climactic, but not in a bad way.

The main problem with gyne is in your own skull and can affect everything you do.

Before the op I really thought I was going to discover the meaning of life or something! It's only afterwards that you start talking stock mentally of what you've been going through all these years.

The important thing pre-op is to be realistic in your expectations.

Offline UKgyne

• Patience is a virtue!
    • My 4 month post-op photos
It feels great not having them.

:)

Mike
No breasts, just those puffy nips! Gone now though.......bilateral excision 16/9/2002.

Offline dude007

• Posting Member
Its cool, the thing is, its been such a personal plight that has been well hidden from the world that I cant go around shouting that I have had this amazing thing done and expect pats on the back from all and sundry.

The things i notice most are:

Choosing clothes new and old, thats brilliant

Checking my posture or reflection still, and then thinking "I dont have to that!"

Swimming, beach, showers after footy no longer an issue.

the dissapointing thing is I am still rubbish at talking to girls and making head way in any kind of career, Dont suppose my breast had much to do with that in the first place but I thought the extra confidence might help.

The main thing is that I no longer feel I have anything to hide from people, what they now see is what they get, before there would always be a suprise for them and a trip to embarrassment corner for me.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I wish I could answer this question, but I'm not due surgery until a months time.  All I will say is that I am going into this with the mindset that it will not make me more happy.  Rather it will make me feel less sad.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
The best you can hope for is becoming more normal. Being able to take for granted what most other men can, not having boobs. Unfortuantley the healing takes awhile so the inital europhia may not last as you heal and gradually become more used to it. Either way i think its a great decision and you will feel alot better for it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024