Author Topic: Getting Hammered!!!  (Read 3900 times)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Only joking, but when is it ok to drink alcohol after surgery? How soon did people drink afer their op. Mine was 5 weeks ago and ive abstained since, but with christmas coming up, i wouldnt mind having a few drinks.

Thing that concerns me is that whne i drank before my op, it made my gyno look worse. Im worried it might aggreviate it or something, or possibly hinder my results.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I will be going dry straight after the new year in time for the op on the 20th.

My understanding is that alcohol intake (in the short-term at least) has little impact on the development of gynaecomastia.  But alcohol does thin the blood, as aspirin does and is therefore contraindicated post-surgery as it prevents the blood from clotting which delays healing.

It will be several weeks before the skin on the chest has properly healed and I personally will be keeping away from the sauce for around three months post-op to make absolutely sure I am giving my chest the best possible chance.

Does that sound fair enough?

Offline orrible

Three months with New Years eve coming up  :o

ill try my best then, but surely one drink to toast the new year in would be ok
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 12:20:24 AM by stonecold »

Offline orrible

So nobody else has any ideas, or opinions? Am i surrounded by tee totallers ;D

Offline terminator t

• Posting Member
I spoke to levick about this only today !  I will be a week post op at Christmas - but cant imagine not even having a small glass of something at Christmas  :o

He said that it would be fine - a glass or two should do no harm - obviously bad to get hammered but as the saying goes....everything in moderation  ;)

Offline orrible

Thanks Terminator, i usually end up drinking abit over chrsitmas but i will try and drink in moderation.

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
I had my surgery yesterday and asked Levick today also. He said one or two xmas day will be fine, and a few more on new years ;)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
But how long before we can binge it? One or two is ok.....but its pointless if you aint getting wasted!....sorry , i know you don't need alcohol to have fun.....but it does turn fat women slim ;) !

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
So nobody else has any ideas, or opinions? Am i surrounded by tee totallers ;D

A tee-what?

I gave it two weeks. Would seem a shame after spending all that money for someone to ruin their chances for the sake of a couple of weeks of sobriety.

...or at this stage should we all defect en-massè to alcholics.org?

Offline UKgyne

• Patience is a virtue!
    • My 4 month post-op photos
I waited three weeks I think.

Mike
No breasts, just those puffy nips! Gone now though.......bilateral excision 16/9/2002.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I think i will try and remain sober xmas day and save them all up until the new year :) .
In hindsight i should have had the op in the new year , away from all the partying :)

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I think it's just that your body is recovering, and filling it with the evil poison will hinder it a bit. But can't see it having any long term effects. Especially 5 weeks post op.

I will be drinking more than my fair share of the evil poison! But then at a year and 3/4 post op.. should be ok?!

Ian

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
I think it's just that your body is recovering, and filling it with the evil poison will hinder it a bit. But can't see it having any long term effects. Especially 5 weeks post op.

I will be drinking more than my fair share of the evil poison! But then at a year and 3/4 post op.. should be ok?!

Ian

Hmm, you have any pics mate, nearly 2 years post op? I would like to see the improvements that's all. I've only seen 6 months post-op pics max.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

Offline orrible

IT100, did you chest change alot from month to month before finalising, or did your chest in the 1.5 year pic resemble pretty much what it was like when the bandages were removed.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024