Author Topic: Just got back from surgery :)  (Read 2612 times)

Offline terminator t

• Posting Member
Thats it, its done!  

Booked into the Priory yesterday - supposed to book in at 2pm but go there early - no problems though, they booked me in and let my wife and I into the room early.

Only really dawned on me what was about to happen when they took me in for a blood test - then nurses came in, took my blood pressure and temperature and all ok.  

A little while later, my anaesthetist, Dr Ward, came in and asked me some questions and told me exactly what he was going to do - he was really reassuring and friendly.  Then Mr Levick chatted briefly with both of us, asked if we had any questions and left saying he'd see me soon!!  30 minutes later I left the room and went for surgery.

IV was painless and to be honest that’s all I remember until I woke up in recovery covered in bandages!

Was taken back to my room where Mr Levick and Dr Ward both came back in after about 1 hour to check all was ok and explain what had happened.  Still a bit groggy so it didn’t all go in!!  

Nurses great, managed to sleep and even to go to the loo unaided that night!!!  The next day Dr Ward and Mr Levick came in for a final chat and went over everything again, both helpful and approachable - Mr Levick himself then proceeded to take the drains out - which was actually painless!  Yes painless!!  What a relief, Id got a bit worried about some of the posts on the board!

Now at home feeling ok - slightly uncomfortable on one side but thats to be expected.    Taking painkillers and antibiotics as prescribed and looking forward to taking the bandages off in a week!  ;D

Will keep posting and try to put up some pics when the bandages are off as my gyne was quite bad and the pics may be of help.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Excellent stuff how much did you have taken out?

Take it easy now over christmas. I never had drains, not sure why but i hear thats the worst part. Although if your hairy taking the bandages off wont be much fun. I recommend using something to remove them easily.

Good luck and keep us posted  

Offline terminator t

• Posting Member
Apparently 600ml of fat plus 150 of gland !!

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
thats good value for money!! i got 150cc out of one side and 100cc out of the other and 15g of gland from each. Thats good stuff you should see a major improvement when your bandages are off.

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
Terminator you must have been just before me mate. Levick told me when I was getting my morphine, he just took out 600cc from the guy in front of me :)

Good luck on the healing mate, im feeling a little discomfort right now, cant see me getting a good nights sleep for a while tbh.

Offline terminator t

• Posting Member
Yeah I know the feeling ! Had some discomfort last night and got up a few times and paced around.

To be perfectly honest there is not as much pain as I thought there would be. The bit I am dreading is taking the bandages off as I didn't shave at all :o

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Yeah I know the feeling ! Had some discomfort last night and got up a few times and paced around.

To be perfectly honest there is not as much pain as I thought there would be. The bit I am dreading is taking the bandages off as I didn't shave at all :o

good luck with the bandages m8, mine hurt because i think i was slightly alergic to the glue on them wich caused tiny pieces of skin to come off with the bandages, but i shaved my body before i went in so i dont know what the pain would be like but i can imaging it would sting a bit ;)

good luck m8 and a speedy recovery :)

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
A little while later, my anaesthetist, Dr Ward, came in and asked me some questions and told me exactly what he was going to do

Dr.Ward is a complete gent and a total pro. My G.A. went as smooth as silk and not a hint of naseua or mark/brusing left where he stuck the I.V. in.

Mr Levick himself then proceeded to take the drains out - which was actually painless!  Yes painless!!  What a relief, Id got a bit worried about some of the posts on the board!

Probably mine - sorry. It was one of the male nurses who took mine out. Feckin' sore.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Terminator you must have been just before me mate. Levick told me when I was getting my morphine, he just took out 600cc from the guy in front of me :)

Morphine? Hello! I recall one of the nurses giving me what she called a 'morphine' tablet soon after the op but it was actually a paracetemol/codeine analgesic (co-codamol) not unlike something you'd buy at your local chemist's.

Were you told you were being given morpheine?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024