Author Topic: 6 week post op update, photos  (Read 2943 times)

Offline snedd

• Posting Member
Hey guys,
had my op (excision) on the NHS a couple of weeks before christmas. I've been wearing a compression vest for the last 3 weeks and a tight bandage for the time before, today I took it off for the day and I took some pics just now. what do you guys think?

Before

After

I can see an improvement but im not happy with it. My mum thinks I'm going mad or something she says its normal but I just feel no better than before.

sorry the pics are so big i cudnt be bothered to reduce their size, I'm too depressed sorry for the poor quality too
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 06:58:19 AM by snedd »

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
 ;D hi, we all get depressed....don't fret  ;)

Could you please make the pics smaller as the large size makes it really difficult to form an opinion ...cheers but.

Remember you are only 6 weeks, there will still be some swelling. I am around the same stage as you but think i may need to go back for gland excission.....don;t think lipo was enough :(

Offline snedd

• Posting Member
I changed the pictures hope they're better

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I can see what you refer to. Their is a definite improvement but it does look like their is potentionally more that could have been removed. Of course you should factor for swelling, scar tissue, and stuff and apparently need to give that time, but i would contact your surgeon and express your concerns. Sorry probably not what you want to hear, but im also currently having issues as well so i know how dissapointing it is.

Offline snedd

• Posting Member
cheers, thing is I really want to be happy with it by the summer because I've booked a holiday for a couple of months on the beach, I really don't want to be feeling self conscious.
As for scar tissue whats the best thing to use, my surgeon said something about silicon gel or something and that they would tell me more later (they didn't) I've seen stuff on here about arnica?
any help is greatly appreciated

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Arnica is used before and during your recovery up to to two weeks after to aid with brusing.

The best thing apparently for scar tissue is massage the chest. My surgeon recommended 3 times daily. I dont think its working for me. I use palmers cocoa butter with vit e which is meant t be good.

In all honesty if its gland which i think it could well be, nothing is going to change that. Im sorry. I really think you should speak to your surgeon and then consider getting a 2nd opinion from a plastic surgeon who does the procedure on a regular basis. You will likely have to pay aout £100 for that.

You still look like your in good shape though so try not to let it spoil your holiday.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:25:48 AM by stonecold »

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I am at 5 weeks and I am having a similar situation. My surgeon did not take any gland out, only lipo. Like you, I still have a protruding lump under each nipple. I still would not be comfortable walking around in public. I hope that by losing some weight and by waiting it out, the situation will improve. I now realize that I may be looking at another surgery in a year's time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024