Author Topic: Operation in five months time! (NHS)  (Read 2531 times)

Offline cozzo

• Posting Member
Just got back from a consultation with a PS and he had a look and explained to me the procedure that they would do..It would be lipo (they said they had this new machine that gets at the breast tissue). My gyno is mainly fat, I think only my RHS has breast tissue. It was a cool consultation, because I was able to ask questions and he had done many of these ops before. Initially I was a bit down about the five months wait, but then I thought Five months aint too bad, after waiting 15+ years. So I am looking at early August. He said that he shouldnt have to remove skin, because my chest doesnt sag. He also said that my RHS is grade 1/2 and my LHS is grade 2/3 on the gynecomastia scale.

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
good luck mate,ive got my op 2mro at the priory ,cant wait as ive also sufferd 4 15 years ,mr levick said my case was quite bad ,roll on summer

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Nice one cozzo.

And best wishes tomorrow marcus28.  I'll look forward to hearing how it all goes with Mr L.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Just got back from a consultation with a PS and he had a look and explained to me the procedure that they would do..It would be lipo (they said they had this new machine that gets at the breast tissue). My gyno is mainly fat, I think only my RHS has breast tissue. It was a cool consultation, because I was able to ask questions and he had done many of these ops before. Initially I was a bit down about the five months wait, but then I thought Five months aint too bad, after waiting 15+ years. So I am looking at early August. He said that he shouldnt have to remove skin, because my chest doesnt sag. He also said that my RHS is grade 1/2 and my LHS is grade 2/3 on the gynecomastia scale.

Sorry to say this but I VERY MUCH DOUBT that any glandular gynecomastia will be removed by a lipo suction machine.

Most people who have had lipo only who have any glandular gynecomastia have been VERY DISAPOINTED with the results.

I would speak to your surgeon if I were you and request glandular excision as well as the lipo suction.

If you doubt what I say put the question to the main board and also to Dr Bermant and see what response you get.

Also view this current thread and note the number of people unhappy with lipo alone.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1140850234

I know what I have said sounds like a miserable thing to say, frankly I would rather not have said it.  But the fact is I would rather you had a good outcome than anything else.

Hope you don't shoot the messenger- who feels bad enough :-[

« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 03:34:59 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
approx 3 months for me....
100 days

Offline Hypo-is-here

Cozzo just found this new on the main forum.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1141223101

See the second post- this is what I was talking about.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024