Author Topic: BURNING  BOOBS PICS  (Read 2981 times)

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Has any one had burning boobs 2 weeks after surgery?If so how long does it last? Also what is it tissue or sensation that would cuase this ???

http://www.geocities.com/thecrow1234567/index.htm
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:32:13 PM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Yep, I had a sort of bruising all round both nipples and actually on the nipples themselves which looked kinda weird. Was at about the 1-2 weeks marks, and they really started to burn and then itch, which I just took to be part of the healing process.

I had to keep putting icepacks on the inflamed area when it really started to bug me

The next stage was it went a bit flaky and then it was ok, albeit still a little tender

Check with your sugeon if unsure though mate

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Yep, I had a sort of bruising all round both nipples and actually on the nipples themselves which looked kinda weird. Was at about the 1-2 weeks marks, and they really started to burn and then itch, which I just took to be part of the healing process.

I had to keep putting icepacks on the inflamed area when it really started to bug me

The next stage was it went a bit flaky and then it was ok, albeit still a little tender

Check with your sugeon if unsure though mate

Thanks Robin_G,

I will ask him when I can get a hold of him...... ???
Did you have puffy nipples also or did they go flat right away........Mine are still puffy it is now 2 weeks post......

Thanks for your advice  8)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Crow

Both Robin and I had the same procedure via an incision next to the armpit by the same surgeon.

Much of our swelling occurred near this incision.  My nipples and areola (the brown pigmented skin that surrounds the nipple) was very flat from the start.  But appreciate that your surgeon took the areola route with you.  Naturally a cut here would cause additional inflammation.  Give it a few more weeks to settle down.

When will you be seeing your surgeon for a post-op review?  If they are still 'puffy' at that consultation, ask him or her if and when your nipples are likely to go down.  And if not WHY not!  Did your surgeon say they actually excised out glandular/breast tissue as well as liposuction?  It's usually the glandular tissue that causes the nipple to protrude.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:31:28 AM by phantom »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hello Crow

Both Robin and I had the same procedure via an incision next to the armpit by the same surgeon.

Much of our swelling occurred near this incision.  My nipples and areola (the brown pigmented skin that surrounds the nipple) was very flat from the start.  But appreciate that your surgeon took the areola route with you.  Naturally a cut here would cause additional inflammation.  Give it a few more weeks to settle down.

When will you be seeing your surgeon for a post-op review?  If they are still 'puffy' at that consultation, ask him or her if and when your nipples are likely to go down.  And if not WHY not!  Did your surgeon say they actually excised out glandular/breast tissue as well as liposuction?  It's usually the glandular tissue that causes the nipple to protrude.

Thanks phantom,

I wiil be going to him  in april aprox 7 weeks after post....
I jhave already been to him after the first week.....I asked him then when will they be flat he said quietly in 6 weeks..... ???Sounds good to me but i am just concerened  that he is not to sure him self, but i have to give him the benifit that they will as its only 2 weeks now.......I will  be anxios untill I visit him agian but all the help fron the board makes it easier to cope with....

He said at the time i went for conceltation that to excise out glandular tissue is all I needed, it would do the job.....I had only puffy nipples  and one was bigger than the other......

Agian thanks for your help 8)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:51:34 PM by crow »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024