Author Topic: Dilemma!!!  (Read 2416 times)

Offline lost_boi

Hi

I just want to say that I think this forum is great and has really helped me understand this condition and how to try to cure it!

To cut a long story short, I always knew I had an issue with my boobs, lumps etc....not normal to the other boys anyways. So now I’m 24, and after reading this forum for a while now, and seeing the success stories I’ve kinda decided to do something about it. I live in London so I thought I might start my research here before going to Levick in B'ham, so I went to a consultation which was free and I thought great, with the hospital group in Harley St last week. I can even remember the surgeon’s name, that’s how much of an impact he had on me. He told me my case was more fat than gland, I beg to differ, but who am I to say. They quoted me a price of around £4200. I was a bit shocked really. But money is not the issue here. I just want these things removed.  

You see my dilemma is that none of my friends, family know about this condition that I have. I am too embarrassed to tell them and I can’t deal with that right now. So I’m all alone. Another thing is I have the greatest fear of general anaesthetic.  

So my question is here, is levick really that good for me to travel all the way from London and can I do this alone. Also can this be done under local anaesthetic with Levick.  

Open to any type of sugestions!

Thanks in advance

p.s im of african origin btw..lmao  
 ;D

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Hi mate

I think most if not all can relate to pretty much all that you say there

I had the procedure done with Levick about 3 months ago

Prior to that, in the preceding few years I had been to consultations with two different surgeons in locations much closer to where I live. Both times I left not feeling that I'd been given the reassurances or answers I was looking for

Certainly not to the extent that I was prepared to go ahead with booking the op and to be honest it was quite disheartening, but I'm a big one for trusting and following my instincts

When I found this forum I went to see Mr L, and maybe its more to do with him having had the problem himself but I felt he was much more understanding of the issue and much more enlightening

It may well be that its his ability to communicate on the subject rather than his surgical ability that set him apart, but I felt a renewed sense of hope after seeing him and plucked up the courage to go for it

Its easy for me to say now, but other than a bit of minor discomfort and bruising etc there was nothing to the op, but like you say I was terrified about having this done under general anaesthetic so it was a big big deal beforeheand. Having been through it now though I don't think I'd want it done under local, and I'm not sure its an option with him anyway

As a final point I would just say that The Priory made things pretty bearable as the staff there are great too, particularly straight after the op

Anyway, I can only tell you stuff from my own perspective/experience and I'm sure others will hopefully offer alternative viewpoints

Hope this helps all the same

Good luck

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I always say that distance to travel for surgery should not be one of the leading considerations when trying to find the right surgeon.  London to Birmingham is less than two hours by train - it can take that long to drive from one side of London to the other!

A general anaesthetic is quite daunting if you have never had one before.  I know it was the one part of the surgery I most feared (I was operated on one week before Robin_G).  But once you 'come round', you really do wonder what all the fuss is about.  'Going under' to me felt absolutely no different from nodding off to sleep at night - ie. you don't actually recall the moment you 'switch off'.  Mr Levick explained how he had his treatment done under a local and said he would not recommend it.  It's quite a traumatic procedure and not nice to be exposed to.

Offline lost_boi

Thanxxxxxx Guys a lot. I feel like 1% less fearfull of the anaesthetic now, well its better than when i started. Just kidding. I feel alot more reassured now thanx.... ;D

Just another thing, does levick charge for consultation, and i know this has probably been asked like a Billion times, how do i arrange one?

Also how does the surgery day go, i.e do you have to stay overnight or can you leave the same day?

Thanks Gyne Folk.....

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
£80 consultation fee.

Call 01527 577675 to book a consultation.

It's an overnight stay after surgery, to ensure any bleading has stopped I believe.

Offline bigbob

• Posting Member
hi lost_boi, I went to poland to get surgery nearly 4 months ago now I didnt tell anyone about it and still havent. Keeping it on the down low really isnt a problem, might be a little harder now its summer. The compression vest they gave me was really crap and theres no way wearing one under a t-shirt without anyone noticing.

I wore mine for about a week then bought a nike pro compression vest, worked a treat and far less notacable.

One thing I keep warning people about is that most surgions will tell you it's mostly fat and that you only need liposuction (proberbly because it's less work for nearly the same price  :P). I was told the same thing and will need to go back for a revision in the next few months (proberbly after summer now, not going to let it stop me from having a good time lol). Just read around on this forum, I dont think I've ever read a case wear lipo only has corrected the problem. You need to insist on gland removal and liposuction especialy if your paying £4K + you'll want to done right first time.

Levik seems like a top guy though so you'll be in good hands. Good luck mate!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024