Author Topic: Please Give Advice and Opinions  (Read 5715 times)

Offline somefedupguy

• Posting Member
Last time I posted this and something went bad with the pic posting but it seems fine this time.

I am currently 17, between 5`6 and 5`7, and 150.2lbs with 16.5% bodyfat based on some machine that takes composition at the gym I go to. I have had this for a long time, I got it some between middle and late elementary. With how long I've had it, the doctor said it is unlikely to go away without surgery. I'm suppossed to be getting a referal but thats going to take a long time. I was wondering if anyone had opinions or insight on my case or any advice or whatever. I'm extremely fed up with this since it has literally destroyed so much of my life so far.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:53:54 PM by somefedupguy »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
It looks like glandular gyne. Sports could help, just try and see. If not, you still have the possibility to go and see a PS to sort it out.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Glandular gyne for sure. It'll need to be excised out once you are of age to do it.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hmm yeah like gynefor said, sports could help.

But you're not fat so not sure how much it would.  But f*ck it, you got a long time, might as well see how you look lean and trim.

Good luck!

Offline somefedupguy

• Posting Member
thanks for the comments, I've started working out again recently but heh my complete plan and diet and such are still in the works

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Yes this glandular gyne, and yoiu  should go to a Ps if it bothers you...........

All the best 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline red

• Posting Member
Looks almost exactly the same as mine! Im 23 now had it from about 14/15. If you, like Blatino thinks, can live with this than forget about it. But seeing as you've gone to the effort of taking, and posting ur pics on here then im assuming, like me you cant.

So my advice is get surgery as soon as is possible for you and then get on with enjoying being young! I personally am not wasting another year of my life on this and am getting it sorted!

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
Hmm yeah like gynefor said, sports could help.

But you're not fat so not sure how much it would.  But f*ck it, you got a long time, might as well see how you look lean and trim.

Good luck!

yah - agreed. you don't have a bad case, looks mainly like the "puffy nips" bit that people talk about. the fact that your doc said it won't go away with surgery should be a good enough indication that you've got gland, not fat.

but yeah - 17 is young, i know it doesn't seem like it, but before you go the surgery route, take this year and next year (when you start college or whatever) to really test your limits, push your body to the max. in your case, because it's just those puffy nips (even then, it's not like super huge noticeably puffy nips) and because there aren't huge deposits of fat in your chest, i think if you work your chest carefully, you could get some good chest definition, put some muscle on you.
also, at 17, your T levels are still climbing up, and, as i've mentioned to other guys before, you - being young and 17 - should capitalize on that. dedicate yourself (just don't go crazy) to fixing your body naturally, and i think there's a good chance you'll look and feel better by your early twenties.

of course, working out isn't going to make the puffiness go away, but then again, having surgery now and getting docs to take out that piece of gland is not - in my opinion - going to solve all your problems, either.

i'm 25 and had surgery this past year, after strugglign with myc hest shape since early college - it helped, glad i did it, but what was more important was what i did prior to surgery - i really zoned in on listening to my body, and trying to get fit. i've kept that up even now, post surgery, and that's been more life-altering for me than this one little surgery.

don't get me wrong - the surgery will help, but in your case, you could reap so many more rewards (especially since you're still young - hormone-wise) and develop a great sense of responsibility if you take the high road for now, step it up at the gym, put on some good muscle - then, maybe after about a year, you can go ahead and get that gland surgically removed.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:27:37 PM by dav242 »

Offline somefedupguy

• Posting Member
thanks, I think I'll try getting close to peak condition before considering to continue with surgery

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
thanks, I think I'll try getting close to peak condition before considering to continue with surgery

It wont go awy on its own so u need to decide to get an op or not.........

Good luck 8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024