Author Topic: surgery...  (Read 1557 times)

Offline antisurgery

hi everyone.

thanks for all ur stories / advice, its been very good to learn abt this condition i hv. all this time ive had no idea why i hv wierd nipples...

well im just starting the process of understanding gynecomastia and my options for getting rid of it. a few questions, would appreciate ur insights:

1) is surgery the only option? (i read somewhere that medication can treat gynecomastia)

2) how much does surgery cost?

3) how long before u can go back to work after surgery?

4) does the surgery leave significant scarring?

5) does the compression vest show under clothes? how long do you have to wear it for?

6) what kind of doctor should i go to about this? any point in asking a gp about gynecomastia, or straight to a plastic surgeon? any recommendations for nyc?

many thanks!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Good response.

I would add this to item #6:

The effects of Gynecomastia are rarely physical but usually emotional. A visit with a Psychologist can be helpful in several ways. They not only can be helpful with the issues of self image, social withdrawal, etc. but can sometimes be helpful in getting you onto the fast track to surgery if that is needful.
Grandpa Dan

Offline antisurgery

thanks a lot for the replies gents, this is v helpful, will book something w the gp to start the process...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024