Author Topic: Bandages off...    (Read 2838 times)

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Took my bandages off on Friday, 9 Days post Op. Took about 1.5hrs to get the feckers off (I was a bit of a girl about it). As expected it is a bit of a shocker the first time you look at it: still a lot of bruising etc. Nipples totally squished, in fact there is an indentation about the size of a fist over each nip where the square gauze of the bandages was placed. Around this area, partcularly above the line of the bandages, its very hard/lumpy. Guess this is probably scar tissue? Feels vey rigid.  Sooo good to get a full shower, even if the water feels weird on the semi-numb chest. Compression vest okay but keeps riding up at the bottom which can be a bit uncomfortable.

Saturday: Bruising down further. Nipples looking a bit more healthy. Chest looks less alien. In a really perverse way, at this stage, it would be comfortable to have my old chest back, just for familiarity's sake. Looks great under clothing. Reassuring to have read previous posts on the long road to recovery. I think, until you take off the compression vest, things will remain a bit squished. Decide now that the bandages are off and the anti-biotics finished its time to go back on the Garlic, so I have a dirty big Chinese takeaway in front of the telly. :D

Sunday, 11 Days Post Op. The effect of the huge chinese was: I had to cut a strip off the bottom of my compression vest ;D! It was never comfortable but after a big feed it really bugged me, so I trimmed up over my fat tum. Now Its really comfortable. Really need to get back to training: to shift some weight and to build up my now weedy chest (always ignored it due to the gyne). Starting to get used to my new shape. Bit more life in chest again today, but still these solid ridges under the skin. Guess they'll take months to sort.

Merv.  

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hi Merv.

Sounds about par for the course.

I can't wait to get my bandages off; they're really bugging me now. I know what you mean about the garlic, I think I'll be having a nice curry at the weekend!

Best of luck with it all.
Another happy Levick Lad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024