Author Topic: Help please take a look  (Read 5949 times)

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
I think its gyno,feels like a hard tissue that can be moved around behind both nipples. Very depressing to have since age 12. I am now 26, I can't take my shirt off without someone making a joke. Thinking of trying gynetab, any thoughts on this??

May have to go to surgury but I can't take more then three days off in a row :(. Life is grand isnt it?

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
In my opinion it looks like you definitely have some gland behind there. As far as taking off work for surgery, 3 days will probably be all you need, especially if you do the surgery right before the weekend.
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
I don't understand a lot of these comments.  Of course he has some gland back there--everyone has "some gland" (and most gyno surgeons leave some gland when they operate).  The question should be, is it enlarged to the extent that it resembles a woman's breast?  

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
so your saying it's not that bad?

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
no, i can see contour there, and if the tissue is noticeable, he probably has it.  

at your age may want to talk to an endocrinologist and see if anything needs help on the hormone front, if you're lucky, it could go away like in most cases it should.  if not, then you can think surgery, but best to give it a year or three first i'd say.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
does this mean if i was to have the surgery it could very well grow back after the surgery??

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
well i scheduled a consultation with the plastic surgeon (have to wait two months just to speak with him), I can't deal with it any longer. I want to be able to swim and walk around with my shirt off and not be worried if someone is going to make a comment about "man boobs." Surgeon stated it would cost anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how much work is needed. I imagine mine will be on the low end (I hope). Good luck to everyone else that is suffering out there.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hey, if you can, try and make sure you talk to multiple surgeons.

And (if possible), try and go with a well-recommened surgeon on this site.

Good luck!

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
I was ridiculed by my parents yesterday saying I was "crazy" for getting surgery. They stated they couldn't even tell that I had gyno. When I told my dad about it when I was 12 he said, that's baby fat work it off, or do you want me to get you a bra? Now 14 years later I know it's not baby fat and he tells me to do more benching and it will burn off. Why do people not give you support when they see something is bothering you so much. I hate gyno and I don't even think mine is that bad, I really feel for you guys that have serious cases.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Its because people who love you don't want to see you getting cut up.  It seems really extreme to them.  Try and understand it from their point of view, they love you the way you are and wish you did too.

Oh and please remember, I know gyne sucks and all, but avoid rushing into this.  Make sure to ask lots of questions, check out various surgeons.  Some surgeons are way better than others.  

You don't want to waste your hard-earned dollar on a sub-par surgery job.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:30:45 AM by silly_guy »

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
Check out this link, this is the surgeon I will be using. Any comments?

www.clevelandplasticsurgery.com/cps-breast.htm#Gynecomastia

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Too Silly Guy's point,  peoplewho don't need plastic surgery think it is crazy for people the get it.  Try asking a women with a nice rack what she thinks of breat implants.  She thinks people should be happy with what they have.  The thing is, when you have your surgery, the only perception it is really going to change is yor own.  A few less people will stare at you, but really they probably aren't staring as much as you think.  Iamnot preaching against surgery, because I just had it.  My wife can't belive I did it and doesn't want anyone to ever know I had it.  She doesn't think I needed it, which is tough, because she wonders who I got the surgery for.  Your parents think you are perfect, so they can't believe thar you think something is wrong with you.  

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
thanks for the advice, I see their point of you. The problem is it makes me almost wish I told nobody. I don't think I am going to tell my g/f. She doesn't live with me so I may be able to play it off. What a mess this gyno is, its like I almost let it control my life. I look at it everyday in the mirror. Change what I wear, see being skinny with gyno makes them stick out when I wear just one shirt. Depressing to say the very least. I am supposed to be a man, masculine and all, then i have these stupid breasts that make me feel like some sort of freak.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Just to set your expectation.  I seriously doubt you will be able to hide it from your gf. Unless, you aren't getting any.   The recovery takes at least a few weeks to look like you weren't at war.  I am 8 days post op and I am very black and blue.  I look great in clothes, but I wouldn't take my shirt off in front of anyone who didn't know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024