Author Topic: KayVee's Surgery Diary: 10 MONTHS ish post-op, updated  (Read 8970 times)

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
  • Surgery 27/07/2006 with Dr. Levick
So yeah, had the consultation, parents paying ... wrote them a letter explaining how awful it was, ended up being 12 pages long, which they said was enough to convince them.

Just wondered if anybody here had seen Levick with a puffy nipple issue ... I've lost a bit more weight so there's no tissue in my chest that's not muscle, skin or gyne (as opposed to flab), and I'll be having some lipo and excision, but my nipples are my main worry.

They protrude some days about a 3/4 inch out from my chest, and they need to be made permanently flat, to be honest; not scary flat, but normal human being flat. T-shirt flat.

I've read stonecold's exploits (though lad you've got a good enough body and a nice enough chest that I'm not surprised he didn't do a revision ... your shirts must be made of gossamer if that shows through 'visibly' ;)), but has anybody else been to him with the specific intention of getting glandular mass out from behind nipples and thus reducing their size?

All input appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:50:43 PM by kayvee »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello kayvee

I think my situation sounds quite different from yours.  Mine was more than protruding nipples, it was the entire 'breast' shape.  All I can say is that I am 'flat' and wear whatever I want.  I am even walking the dog topless in this SCORCHIO weather.  There is still some unsettled scar tissue around the bottom of the pec area and I'm waiting until the end of the year (a year since the op) to see how things go.  I am very satisfied with the progress so far, but will wait until 12 months have passed before I judge the final result.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Hey thanks for the namedrop  ;D, if you would be happy with my results and the results of others youve seen on this forum then great. Did Mr levick say that he could correct your puffy nipples? He just commented to me once that they were a law unto themselves. Is it just puffy nips you have? Once the gland is removed the nipples should in theory shrink. The smaller they get is dependant on how much gland is taken. I thought mine would have been smaller than they are now.

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
Dr Levick specifically noted that in my nipples I have palpable 'ducts' going from the gland out into the nipple itself ... sort of like a tentpole. He did say specifically that during the surgery he'd be cutting these, so I'm hopeful that that will fix the problem.

As I've lost weight the size/shape of my nipples has altered too, so I'm confident that given the correct procedure the result will be what I want ... I can shrink, it seems. :p

Am actually aiming for something like your bod by the end of next year ;) Tho my slight rugby build might mean it's not quite as impressive, lol.

Really though, I'll be voicing (as in, TELLING) these concerns to Dr. Levick when the pre-op markup is done. I'm not afraid of being a little bolshy. My main aim is for him to remove as much tissue as possible (as opposed to preoccupying himself with a 'natural result'), and to cut these 'ducts' as close to the nipple as is possible when he removes them.

How long exactly do we get before the surgery commences, to discuss what we need with Dr Levick? I know he saw me at the consultation, but I've had to wait a month to raise enough funds for the surgery, so I may need abrief review, and only now really know wat I want ...

Offline orrible

Levick is good and comes to see you before the op and you will have time to then discuss what you are having done and what you are expecting. Dont worry about that, as last minute communication is important and you will get time to do so.

"My main aim is for him to remove as much tissue as possible (as opposed to preoccupying himself with a 'natural result'), and to cut these 'ducts' as close to the nipple as is possible when he removes them. "

Good call you want to get as flat as you can. However an unnatural result is also not great. Just be aware of what to much removal can result in. The thread below is a good example.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2;action=display;num=1114091441

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:58:48 PM by stonecold »

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
So!

It's the 26th already, recently I went through a little bit of a worried patch (what if the results aren't what I expect, what if I don't wake up from the anaesthetic? and other such irrational thoughts).

Happy to report that now I'm ready and raring to go. Have to catch a train at 7:16 in the morning though ... early night for me.

Have lost a little fat and gained a little muscle, to the extent that you can easily see and feel the extent of the tissue that shouldn't be there ... no excess fat on the rest of my chest at all. From the looks of it, Dr. Levick would have to try very hard not to give me a result I'll be over the moon with.

Last question: What would people recommend taking with them to the hospital, to while away the boredom? Am debating taking my laptop, the iPod is in tow ... as are a couple of books. :P

Offline orrible

Good luck, tommorow. Think you have more than enough to keep you occupied with the laptop, ipod and books. Maybe take some decent dvds to watch on your laptop as the tv might be crap. When i was in, i had to watch trinny and sussana.

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
See I love Trinny and Susannah :p lol, yeah have decided just to take a few books and some study stuff instead. iPod is filled with chillout.

Went for my last-6-mile-run-in-a-while run today. It rained. :p

Offline ROOTSMANUVA

• Posting Member
Good lick with your op mate!!!!

Keep us posted on how it went, im in soon 2!!!!

best off luck again

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
And there we go!

The Priory was good ... my experience wasn't that smooth (passing out while having blood taken because of the heat, and having fasted since 6am, as well as being generally nervous ... and it HURT when the drains were removed), but it's over.

Dr. Levick was fantastic, really put me at ease, as did the anaesthetists. Fabulous people.

Turns out my case wasn't as minor as we thought ... most of my 'pec' was gland-based.  :o So, with an inch worth of bandage on, my chest looks the same thickness as it did when I hadn't had the surgery. That's scary. Can't wait to see the results.

I too have the 'hunchback' thing going on. :P And apparently I bleed a lot.

But yeah, bandages come off on Friday, will keep you guys posted if there's more you want to know. :) Heh I get to join the ranks of the 'been there, done that, can wear a t-shirt' crew now I guess. Soon, anyway :P

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
One other thing ... I have this 'warm, wobbly' feeling under the bandages in the right side of my chest, is this normal? It feels really grim ... makes me a bit queasy :S

Offline orrible

i dont recall having that mate, mayve ring the priory and ask about it.

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
Gave Dr Levick a ring, and he said that wasn't supposed to happen, so have trussed up meself tighter ... hope everything'll be fine from here on in ...  :'( bit scared about the tissues shifting.

Will have to keep an eye on it ... and anybody going in for surgery, take note: looseness is a bad thing, if you feel it.

Ordinarily, said Dr Levick, he'd ask the patient to slip the compression vests they have over the top of the bandages for extra support ... but sadly mine are only arriving on Weds because of the sole distributor of the garment to the UK, fucking up the order. They were apologetic, but sadly that doesn't make me heal any better ...

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
One other thing ... I have this 'warm, wobbly' feeling under the bandages in the right side of my chest, is this normal? It feels really grim ... makes me a bit queasy :S

sounds like fluid build up -inflammatory fluid.make sure you arent being too actice.the bandgaes are tight enough-not too tight.take some anti inflamm like ibuprofen.remember vit c and e supps

Offline orrible

If you are looking for extra compression by a nike pro top or a rash vest. Buy the small size and that will wor a treat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024