Author Topic: Karidis - will he remove the gland also?  (Read 3072 times)

Offline listentoyou

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Am thinking of booking a consultation with Karidis, but I have some questions.

I'm very skinny and therefore (I'm hoping that) the majority of my chest problem is gyne.  Will Karidis remove all this gland or will he just use liposuction?  Will lisposuction remove the gland or will another incision be needed.  I'll have any that I need to get done but am worried that a surgeon will decide not to go all the way and remove the gland and I won't be left with a flat chest.

Aaaah help! Hehe, any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Dr. Karidis is a very respected surgeon for the correction of gynaecomastia.  I have not met him myself so cannot speak of his personal techniques.  The best person to ask these questions are the man himself.

I went with Levick who always aims to remove as much glandular or breast tissue as possible.  It is difficult to suction breast tissue via liposuction and is usually 'pulled' out after it has been cut away from adjoining tissues.

Hope that helps.

Offline listentoyou

• Posting Member
thanks very much.  i may well just book a consultation.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
uk2000 who posts on this forum has had 3 procedures with Karidis to remove his gyne. Send him a pm as he will be best to advise you. Good luck.

Offline listentoyou

• Posting Member

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
depends on yr situation, if it is gland he will perform the exorcism on u  ;D or just lipo.  or a combination of both.
i had both.
as for his abilities he is a good surgeon, nice guy and who does listen to what u want.  BUT with him u do need to explain to him what u want, how u want yr results , what u want taken out etc.  i made him also lipo under my armpits and around my chest on the sides.
i had 3 surgeries cos he was trying to correct my first surgeons mistakes.  however i felt karidis cud have delt with it in just 2 surgeries.  get a consult with him.
as for my results they are superb im super flat.  tho i have scar tissue hindering the results on one side, which i need to get sorted.
also if u lookin for a good london surgeon u might want to also consider jan stanek.  ive heard excellent things about him and gyne surgery, and hes very well respected. one guy had it with him on here also and was very happy with his results.
do yr homework b4 u pick a surgeon as that shud be yr main concern getting the right surgeon.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline listentoyou

• Posting Member
thanks so much for ur advice.  i've booked a consultation.

cos i'm very skinny and my case is minor, it's essentially all gland, so if i ask him to get rid of it, he will do this?

might get a consulation with levick also.

rich

Offline lucid

• Posting Member
thanks so much for ur advice.  i've booked a consultation.

cos i'm very skinny and my case is minor, it's essentially all gland, so if i ask him to get rid of it, he will do this?

might get a consulation with levick also.

rich

Hi,

I have booked an appointment with Dr. Karidis as well but I have been given a date at end of October. I think thats a bit too late as I was looking forward to having my surgery done by mid september. It seems I have to try Levick as well...

Regards

Offline orrible

Think hes got one of the highest waiting lists in the uk, as he's well known from his tv appearences. If you ask for a cancellation, they may be able to get you in quicker. Usually you have to ring theses type of places up occasionally and see if they hacve any cancellations. Alot of surgeons offices get cancellations as people for whatever reason cant or decide not to keep their appointments.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
people in london shud try jan stanek, if they looking for a london based surgeon.
kardis has long waiting times, as he is a more popular commercial surgeon.

Offline lucid

• Posting Member
Hi stonecold,

I am planning to check Dr. Levick's availability as well. If he gives an earlier date and a better price, I'd rather travel to Brimingham.

uk2000: I have contacted Jan Stanek as well. Lets see when he gets back.

Thanks for the input.

Regards

Offline orrible

without a doubt you will get an earlier appointment with Levick. Think usually have about a months wait for the consult and then roughly the same if you decide to have the op with Levick.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024