Author Topic: Dr Harisha  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
I am going to see Dr Harisha to discuss the surgery.  I have been referred to him via my GP, on the NHS.

Have any of you heard of him?

I am tad concerned about who will do the operation, I am going to go along and meet him and let him do his checks etc, but going to go prepared with some questions for example: how many times a year he does this sort of operation.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
id ask how many gyne ops he has done, how many he does on avergae per year, what method he uses, where the scars will be and if you can see any before and afters or speak to former patients. This is the standard type questions to ask, but with the NHS think it seems more a case of be grateful you are getting the surgery.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
by being grateful do you mean put up with what ever i am presented with? even if he has never done such an operation before?  ???

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
well that seems to be the way it comes across with what people say about the NHS, if you read thru this uk section their are various threads about the NHS and people being told they more or less get what they are given and like it. I suppose it depends on how lucky you are with the surgeon. I think generally they are just general surgeons though, and becuase its deemed as cosmetic and not vital, they are less sympthetic towards it. I can only go on the posts ive read here though as i have no personal experience of getting my gyne removed on the NHS.

is Dr Harisha a plastic surgeon?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:00:08 PM by stonecold »

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
I know nothing of his credentials, going to wait till I meet with him and then blast him with the relevant questions.  I don’t want to, but I am sort of already going into this with a negative attitude.  My parents have not dismissed going privately and would consider paying for it, or at least loaning me the money.  In the mean time I think it’s best if I just go and meet this surgeon and see how it goes.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
ONLY GO WITH A COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGEON MATE FORGET GENERAL SURGEONS AND BREAST SURGEONS.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
by that do you mean avoid the NHS? sorry I am still quite ignorant to it all, you do get plastic surgeons working on the NHS?  Sorry if that sounds like a stuipid question.  I am aware that many surgeons work on the NHS and privately.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
my advice wud be if he cant show u any pics of his work dont go with him.  the most important aspect of surgery is choosing the right surgeon for u.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
UK2000 in your sig you refer to one surgeons results as 'terrible'...was this done privately?

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
yes my first surgeon was a NHS surgeon who does private cosmetic work.  big big mistake on my behalf.
it doesnt matter whether its a NHS surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon,  it all comes down to the skill of that surgeon - that should be yr main concern   but obviously a cosmetic surgeon who does gyne ops regulary will have more experience.
do yr homework, and ask to see proof of the surgeons work before u go ahead.  nhs surgeons will be different cos yr getting it done for free,  they may not go to the same extent,  as showing pics etc like a private surgeon would
gd luck

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
get it done privately chodel,

not knocking the NHS at all, i think its a great service and the docs and nurses are fantastic but as has been said before it comes down to the surgeon who operates on you.
see what hes got to say, ask plenty of questions and be sure exactly what he intends to do.
i would say get the loan from your parents and dont look back!

ps. my NHS doc was called Dr Carver.....i kid you not! wasnt he a doc in the "carry on" films

all the best.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024