Author Topic: Local Anesthetic?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Mark_Lee

Hey sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didnt know where else to post this.  I am set to have my surgery on friday but my doctor called today and said that the anesthesiologist couldnt make it in on friday.  He said I could go ahead and do the surgery under a local Anesthetic.  Has anyone had this done this way before?  Would anyone not do this way?  Let me know when you can.  Thanks alot

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Depending on how much of a stomach you have...that should be your decision. Your surgeon will litterally be tearing you open infront of your eyes. The question is can you handle it? Personally, I have had the surgery under general like most, and I much prefered it that way to any other. Plus, waking up incredibly drugged is wicked ;D And no guilt of doing drugs. So, my PERSONAL OPINION, I would say ask to wait, but at the same time, I know how bad gyno can be and people just litterally wanna get it over with anyway they can, so if you think you can handle it...then go for it pal. ;)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I had local.  Lipo only.  He numbed the chest and gave me a "twilight IV".  I really don't remember any of it and didn't feel it at all.  I wouldn't do it without the twilight.

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
I had local only.  My entire chest was numb and I couldn't feel anything.  Don't worry about people telling you that it would be nasty to be awake during the operation.  All you need to do is lay on the table and stare at the cieling.  It's not very difficult.  I much prefer local anesthesia over general.  When the operation is all done, you can get right off the table and walk right out.  Also, the local anesthesia lasts almost 2 days, so the post op pain is pretty minimal.  Hope this helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024