Author Topic: Consultants in London Area  (Read 3157 times)

londonman

Hi

I have been a sufferer (relatively mild but I'm still self concious) for 15 years (half my life). I'm now in a financial position when I can sort it out

I live in London but don't know who to see. I was diagnosed at a private hosptal (Sloane in Beckenham) by a guy called Mr Desai.  But everyone here goes on about Levick

What are other choices? Money not a real issue - happy topay 4-5k

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Most cosmetic surgeons do gynecomastia correction, so you wouldnt have a trouble finding someone. Names that have come up before are Jan Stanek and Alex Karidis.

Offline downloaderuk

• Posting Member
I had surgery on the NHS with Dr Ion, but I have heard that he also does private work. My results were very positive, as were one of my friends, but another person on this board has had a bad experience with him.

You can see my results here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=8;action=display;num=1155244582

All the best

Offline Boobit

• Posting Member
I had the op done privately by Dr Ion in 2004. He left me looking virtualy the same as before the procedure. I went back on numerous occasions, and on the last visit I heard a sigh as if to say, 'Oh no, not you again'. Once you've paid the money that's it. A complete waste? Yes! Not only that but it don't look good.
Boobit

Offline orrible

why is that and how did you come to that decision based on one days research? just curious?

Offline orrible

sorry i wasnt meaning to get at you. I just thought you would have consulted a few before deciding you were going with a particular one. Anyway Levicks technique is great for avoiding nipples scars. I must say im delighted with my scarring, its practically non exsistent. If i can help you with anything let me know. ;D

Offline orrible

Depends what your job is. If it was office based for example and you could go back within a day or two. If its a job that involves lifting or moving around alot you would be best to wait at least a week maybe two. The thing you will find if you use Levick is restriction with your arms. I couldnt move mine above my head for about a week. Because he goes in under the arm and the badnages are so tight, it really restricts movement.

Regarding swimming, i think you are supposed to wait about a month. Swimming whilst gentle does put stress on the chest muscles which you should be resting.

Offline downloaderuk

• Posting Member
Depends what your job is. If it was office based for example and you could go back within a day or two. If its a job that involves lifting or moving around alot you would be best to wait at least a week maybe two. The thing you will find if you use Levick is restriction with your arms. I couldnt move mine above my head for about a week. Because he goes in under the arm and the badnages are so tight, it really restricts movement.

Regarding swimming, i think you are supposed to wait about a month. Swimming whilst gentle does put stress on the chest muscles which you should be resting.

Wow - its been five weeks since my surgery and I still  can't lift my arms over my head. There is no way I can go swimming with such limited range of motion in my arms. I think this may be because I had incisions made under my arms and also under the nipple. Would this type of procudure limit my range of motion more?

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
i waited 6 weeks for light weights which i couold have done earlier.but this is no means standard.peple heal in different rates.you should wait at least 8 weeks imo if it still feels stiff.i think i had good range of movement but my case was mild/mod.

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
Hey londonman

I haven't posted on hear for ages now but I am also in London and was in the same position as you about 17 months ago.

I also chose Levick based on what I read on these boards and went with him without consulting any other surgeons.

I am now just over a year post-op and delighted with the results.

Best of luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024