Author Topic: Any advice welcome please  (Read 2191 times)

Offline cosmic123

• Posting Member
Hi,

I've browsed on here every few months I guess, after seeing the ch4 doc and even now i'm still not sure if I have gyne or not, I'm 22 and very skinny but I recently read this

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1157688100;start=9#9

I have the exact same problem as the guy in the first post, no hardness behind the nipple just a bit of fat and clear liquid is produced from my left nipple when squeezed hard. With the bit of fat on my chest and being skinny it just doesnt look right, if I was to post pics I know people would say there's nothing wrong but I can't understand the whole liquid thing, I'm pretty sure it happened when I was about 14 and I just hoped it would go away, it hasnt!

I've always been self conscious about my body, I havent taken my shirt off in public since I was really young but this was becasue I am convinced I have more wormanly figure than I should!!!hips and a small chest which gives close to an hour glass figure if I pulled my shirt tight!!!! and after reading the above about hormones I think that I have low testosterone and and a higher than normal count of estrogen which could ahve casued this!

I did go to the doctors about "the shape of my body" but he said I was 'fine' a few years ago but I didnt tell him about the liquid from my nipple as I just couldnt bring up the courage to say it, but I want to know where I can go in the London/essex area to see if I have gyne and get my hormone levels checked?? If it's the local doctor it'll be a pain as my mum works there which means i'll have to tell her which I dont want to!

If anyone knows where I can get checked out please tell me :)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Who's the channel 4 doc? you need to get your gp to refer you to an endo firstly to have your hormones tested and find out why your discharging liquid from your nipples. It sounds like you may have a porblem with your prolactin. Once the gp has done this an endo will evaluate you and try to correct your imbalance if thats what it is.

Offline cosmic123

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, had my blood test today so just awating the results now,  Regarding the the Channel 4 doc, it was a program on tv about gyne, and I just remember them talking about a similar thing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:21:00 AM by cosmic123 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024