Author Topic: surgery with Alex kardis?  (Read 6723 times)

Offline red

• Posting Member
hi,

ive been to my GP, got my endo system checked, now im considering surgeons. Unfortunatly it would be extremely difficult to get to Birmingham (i live in Essex) without anyone knowing, which is how i want to keep this, so that pretty much rules out levick. I was wondering about Alex Kardis most people here seem to say he's good.

The problem is i work for my brother and live with  my parents so its very difficult to get time off work without someone knowing what im up to! I read somewhere Kardis does surgery in a day, with no overnight stay? can anyone confirm this? my case is quite mild, just the puffy nips. I would like to get a conultation with Levick just see what he says but agian it means time off work!

Any information on Mr Kardis or anything from his patients would be a great help!

Thanks

Red

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
UK2000 had surgery with Karidis. He still sometimes comes on to update. Maybe search his posts.

londonman

If you don't want family to know it'll be difficult as you'll have limited movement for a while. Perhaps you can telll them you hurt yourself playing Rugby or something?  

But you could always tell them you're off on holiday for a week and you could spend that week (after the op) in Cornwall or something?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:36:08 AM by londonman »

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
karidis is good but wit him u gotta tell him exactly wot u want and how u want it. point out to him and be firm in yr explanation.  otherwise he just says yea yea yea.
he does listen and does a good job if you point out exactly how u want it.
its a same day surgery, but u will be sore for a few weeks.  people will knwo u have had something done, cos movement is restricted.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline red

• Posting Member
thanks guys, i think i will go with him, seems to be the best option.
My plan is to fake a rugby back injury so I wont play for a few weeks (or as long as it takes) and use the same excuse for work, friends and family. Although Ive actually broke my arm playing rugby so everythings on hold for a bit!

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Keep us informed of how it all goes, it would be interesting to see more feed back from UK surgeons.

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
hi red,

i will be going to see karadis too as i live in the london area. will let you know how its goes, unless you get there first, then would you let me know please.

all the best.

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
hi red,

ive booked a consultation with Karidis on the 18th december, will let you know how it goes.

hi uk2000....any helpfull advice/input would be greatly appreciated.

all the best.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
karidis is a good surgeon,very freindly.  however hes like a pushover when u talk to him and agrees with everything u say.  my emphasis with him just be blunt and tell him directly how u want yr chest, if u want it flt, where u wants things taken out.
with me the first time i had surgery with him he didnt take enough out, he himself admitted that.  so we did it a 2nd time,  then a 3rd time to do some minor touch up , which he then didnt charge for.

i would stilll recommedn him, he knows what he is doing, but like i said be firm and very to the point.
im now flat, but still have scar tissue which im getting treatment in cortosine shots from another surgeon, as karidis didnt want to give them to me.
the shots seems to be working, and im having my second one tommorw.
gd luck

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
thanks for the advice, ill let you know what he says.

all the best.

Offline red

• Posting Member
look forward to hearing how it goes mate.. keep us informed

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
Hello all,

a bit of a delay in replying because ive had probs with my pc and have only just got back online.

i had a consultation with Dr. Karidis on the 18th of december and it went fine.
you could tell it was a busy day for him as he was running a bit late and the consultation seem a bit hurried but this would be the only negative point i could see.
he examined me, asked details about my previous op (NHS), explained the procedure to me and talked about the recovery period (compression vest ect ect).
any questions i had were answered and overall he seemed very confident.

he said that i should think it over.....but i didnt need to! he offered the op to me in two days time. due to work commitments i couldnt accept but i arranged the op for the 24th feb and ill have a couple of weeks off work to recover.
the total cost of the op is £4500 everything included which was probably a little bit higher than i expected, i dont have a bad case ( i dont think!) but that seems to be about the going rate.

i received an information pack in the post that explains everything, which is good to refer back to, along with a couple of forms to fill in. i did have to get a blood test done but i arranged that through my gp. private cost is about £100 ish.

he gets a thumbs up from me so far......lets hope the op goes well too.

must say a big thanks to uk2000 for his help, cheers mate.

any questions i will do my best to answer, all the best.

Offline red

• Posting Member
Thanks for the pm Tazz, that sounds really expensive! But seems a good option for me. Let us know how the op and everything goes and good luck!
think ill wait till next winter to get my op sorted now, just one more summer to get through..

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I'm a new member here, and its been so encouraging to see that I'm not the only one out there....
Its been quite lonely until now.

Anyway, just wondering how I might contact Dr Alex Kardis?? who does he work for??

Cheers!!!

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
If you put Alex Karidis in to google it bring up his websit and the number is there. I am thinking of using him as well just waiting for the results of my blood test.

How did it go Red have you had it done now?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024