Author Topic: Let's get this show on the road.....!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline PremPuffs

• Posting Member
  • Time to get if off your chest....
Greetings all,

Having booked surgery for this Wednesday (Oct 11th) with the Lev-meister, I am finally joining the chosen ranks of the bandaged, bruised and emotionally hectic moobless tribe! Luckily I will also miss the England match otherwise my post-surgery depression could be even worse!!

Surprisingly I am really looking forward to it and cannot wait to get those bloodsucking drains up my pecs  :o. Thanks to this site I was otherwise destined to be fobbed off with the same old excuses from our beloved NHS 'Experts'. One even claimed I was suffering from depression - well durrr so would you if you had hooters  ;D.

Anyway having developed my moobies when I was 11 years old and having been 'rinsed' ever since, now at the age of 25 it is time to 'rid the world of gyne' (not my words but those of one Paul Levick in his battle against the dark side). I have only puffy nipple syndrome and work out 3/4 times a week so am in pretty good shape with otherwise muscly pecs. I will be travelling up from Surrey to the Priory to be in for 12pm.

I will post my pre-op pics soon and will proceed to keep a daily diary. I would like to request that if anyone has any tips please post here. Also congrats to those who have had the surgery, most of you look fantastic.  To all those experienced posters congrats for still coming back (Stonecold, Phantom etc) and helping others who suffer from this hideous condition.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
thanks for the name check, glad that ive been of help to someone. Best of luck with your surgery. I think your in good hands, say goodbye to your moobs.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Aw thank you PremPuffs

In a way it's warming to see people 'vanish' after their surgery.  I am guessing that most of the time it's because they are finally able to move on!

Offline PremPuffs

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Surgery was done on Weds and now back home taking it easy. The op is very painless and the staff professional and good natured. Mr L is a very nice guy and it all seems so in his stride. Only hard part was going to the loo for the first time (massive head rush!!!) and the drains......... YEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. But for 30 seconds of of pain and no moobs, it is worth it!

Does anyone who has had the surgery recommend any creams to relieve the itchiness once the bandages come off?

Ps. Watching England on weds night was much more painful than the drains!!!!  ::)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi PremPuffs,

Great news about your surgery.  Make sure you keep that diary up to date as I will be reading it with interest.  I'm on his table next week and will be glad to know what to expect regarding the healing process as the weeks pass.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline g123

• Posting Member
hi also got them buggers taken off on wed in the priory,congrats man

Offline PremPuffs

• Posting Member
g123 - well done mate. Mr L actually asked if I wanted to see you before I went in to ask you anything. However I was confident enough to refuse the offer. How are things now? Apart from the bandages being annoying, I have found it very painless. Just bored!! Watched United 93 earlier - DEEP!!

Offline g123

• Posting Member
hi things are good mate mr levik said surgery went really well, how you feeling now?im pretty good was a bit stiff this morning but suppose that can be expected,just taking things easy you know

wow thats a new feeling when they pull the drains out though eh? ;D

londonman

I'm going in a fortnight today with Mr L. Glad he's got you guys to practice on!  ;)

I've set up a diary in the diary section

Offline PremPuffs

• Posting Member
g123 - WOW WEE!!! Says something when the nurse apologises to you before she pulls them out! How you coping with the sleeping? My back is killing me.

Londonman - good luck mate, have read your diary before. How you getting up there?

Offline g123

• Posting Member
hi mate yeah ya just know its gonna hurt  ;D

my back is sometimes stiff but pretty good really, the onlt thing is getting comfy till sleep it takes so long,how ya finding getting up in the morning?

last night i laughed and it hurt so much man, maybe shouldnt have been watchin anchorman   ;D

prem- are you counting the days til you get the bandages off mate?surely the compression vests gonna be a bit easier to wear?

Offline PremPuffs

• Posting Member
Mate without a doubt counting down everyday till these bandages come off!!! Anchorman (classic), prob not a good idea though. I remember watching a Ross Noble stand up gig after I had nose surgery and I had to switch off as it hurt so much to laugh.

Agree too about trying to get comfortable - v difficult. At least we got a good day of sport to look forward to....

Offline g123

• Posting Member
dont worry man soon be thursday :)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Guys,

As my time to see Mr L gets closer I have been visiting these boards more frequently.  Reading your 2 accounts just makes me more impatient but also a little more anxious.  This time next week it should all be over for me too and I will be waiting to be released (sounds like prison doesn’t it but you know what I mean).  When all is said and done I am just looking forward to being on the other side.  Good luck to you both.

Offline g123

• Posting Member
hey its only natural to be a wee bit nervous it would be scary if wernt
dont worry because you are being treated by somebody who has suffered the condition aswell and that speaks for itself,i really hope you get on good
good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024