Author Topic: newbie help please  (Read 2555 times)

Offline brian85

iam 21 from england. iam 6ft 5 skinny build.  i learnt tonite that i hav gynecomastia, well ive been aware of it since i was 8yrs old, and the names kinda slapped me hard enought to start thinkin about what iam goin to do about it.

iam sure this is gona sound like ur common every day story ur find on here. so apologies now lol

i became aware i was differant when i was at school, i wud avoid my P.E lessons cuz thats when the first teasing took place, since then ive been very aware of it, i wud say it effects a huge percentage of my every day life, i dont enjoy being topless like my mates dwn are local beach, sometimes i feel i look more outta place being the only one with a tshirt on than if i got my man breasts out on display. it effects my sexual relationships, for months before feelin comfortable with a partner i will wear tshirts dueing sex and to bed, thats a problem cuz iam a young sex driven male, and ive usually moved on before i feel comfortable with a partner to get beyond that. the clothing i choice to wear for fortionatly forgiving so i dont hav problems with that. what gets me dwn the most is not feelin i have the freedom to choose without trippin out about what ppl think. i recently went for a tattoo on the top of my arm, when he told me i wud hav to take my top off i faked i didnt hav the money in my wallet and that i wud go and get some, and i didnt return  :-/

anyways i dont need to tell u guys how much it sucks.

i need to do something about this, ive excepted it and now i need to deal with it! i know very little, infact nothin other than the name of the condition. please help me ppl :'(
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:36:11 PM by brian85 »

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Welcome to the boards.

I know you may feel a bit despondent now that you realise you have something we have all come to know as gynecomastia.  However knowing what the problem is, is often half way to resolving it, so cheer up, things can only get better  :) (not meaning to sound like a labour politician there sorry  :().

Your story is very much akin to so many other sufferers, and given that you have only just found out what gyne is, you might like to spend time reading through the posts other people have made on here.  Take your time.  Don’t rush into anything.  Read up on what causes the condition and get to know what your options are for doing something about it if that’s the route you decide to take.  Don’t rush into anything like self medication for there lays great dangers.  You might like to post some pictures for other peoples opinions, you might not.  There are some very informed people on this site, but likewise there are some who are not, so take your time.

Ask questions; knowledge is power especially when dealing with dismissive GPs.

Good luck and keep in touch.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline brian85

yes ur rite, since readin threw some the threads and learning a few facts about it, i do feel tons better!

anyways, ive tryed exercise since i can remember to try sort this out. adding to that i am quite physically active anyway, and ive always been naturally slim. so iam pretty certain i have the condition. to what degree iam not sure, so ill be makin an appointment to see my gp soon.

i think also i have a posture problem, being very tall my shoulders drop forwards, i notice when i stand up straight and brord it improves the appearance of my chest. its been quite easy to except the idea of surgry, in my experience thats a bad feeling for something as serious, so iam goin to try dealin with it myself first before i choose to take thos steps. iam goin to start work on my posture, cuz i may feel it acieves a look that i can live with rather than throwin alot of money and pretencal risk at something like surgy.

i dont have a cam but i can try and discribe it.
my chest looks like small cones shape boobs which point very slighty outwards. when i bend over or direct my arms inwards they hang almost like water balloons. they feel quite fluidy, softer than a fat area i wud say,i cant feel any hard masses and my nipples look fine. one thing that makes me very aware of it, when iam walkin to work i have to past a bridge with steps over train tracks, when i walk dwn the steps i feel my chest bounching up and dwn. its horrible  :-[

anyways ill be sure to keep u all up to date. many thanks and all the best

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
when i walk dwn the steps i feel my chest bounching up and dwn. its horrible  :-[

i remember that feeling well :(

thats why i went for the sugery route :)
dont dismiss surgery as an option as it doesnt hurt all that much.
in fact ive had mouth ulcers that hurt more :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024