Author Topic: 2nd revision surgery  (Read 7424 times)

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
going to have 2nd revision surgery with levick next week will let you know how it goes.need more fat removed and some skin stuck to muscle which needs to be fixed.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
good luck with it mate
and let us know how you get on fella :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
  • Surgery 27/07/2006 with Dr. Levick
You paying for the second revision, or did Dr. Levick waive the costs? I was under the impression we were only 'eligible' for one.

Offline Jacob-Rb

• Posting Member
Hi oxman1

I too need a 2nd revision but have not contacted levick yet. This will be my third time seeing levick and im not to sure if i want to see him again. Can you let us all know what the cost is? if it is considerably less than seeing another ps then i would definitely go with him

cheers
Jake

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi guys ,

how did you get on with your revision surgery oxman?

i myself had a second revision with paul a few weeks ago for which again i wasnt charged , as far as im aware revision surgery(or surgeries)are free if the results are noticably unsatistfactory .(at pauls discretion obviously)
this is just my take on it ,not the official line.

anyhow , this time paul attempted to unattach some tethering around my left nipple which has helped slightly though it does still feel slightly attached sometimes hopefully this will improve in time.

also had some fat taken from my belly and injected around the same nipple as it was quite pulled out of shape .

aswell as this ,due to an error in the original surgery the incision on my right side was not hidden in the armpit and was quite noticeable ,especially when the arm was down the scar creased outwards and looked really noticable , so i asked paul to trim the edge of the scar of and stitch it back up, which he did and though the scar is still red and  visible it is flat and it does look better .
had all this done under a local anaesthetic which was not a very nice experience but overall things look much better now and i think my chest is as good as its gonna get , its not perfect but it is fairly symetrical.
its been nearly 2 yrs since my first op and i just want to forget about my chest and get on with my life ,hopefully now i can.

good luck.

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
had 2nd revision surgery to unstick skin stuck to muscle around nipples and side of chest.didn't work the skin is still stuck levick said it might not work under local and may have to do a general op so he could do more so unless it improves will have another op in 6months.chest still needs more fat removed and skin unstuck from muscle.revision surgery is free if the first op dosen't work.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
Im gutted for you mate  :-/
Having to wait another 6 months must really be hacking you off.
At least youll not have to pay again thats the good thing :)
Keep your chin up and hope you get the results your after soon  :)

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
oxman ,

understandably you sound a bit p issed off ,i know i would be .

how longs it been since  your 1st op ?

really hope he gets it sorted next time .

good luck.

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
had 2nd revision surgery to unstick skin stuck to muscle around nipples and side of chest.didn't work the skin is still stuck levick said it might not work under local and may have to do a general op so he could do more so unless it improves will have another op in 6months.chest still needs more fat removed and skin unstuck from muscle.revision surgery is free if the first op dosen't work.

i have now had 4 revision surgerys to try and unstick skin stuck to muscle and they have not worked.i knew when i first saw my chest after the first operation over 2 years ago that the results were not good.my chest is still not flat with to much fat in places and to much removed in others.i saw levick recently who said that scar tissue was the problem and gave me some injections for it.but i have had the injections before and they didn't help.if to much fat is taken out and the skin is stuck to the muscle then it is very difficult to fix.i will wait a few months to see if my chest gets better but im almost certain it wont.some people on here have had good results with levick others not so good mine are poor so far and unless there is major improvement in the next few months i will see levick and discuss options.

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
i had surgery with levick over 2 years ago and my results are very poor at best.i have skin stuck to muscle around both nipples and still have to much fat left in other places.when ever i go to see him all he says is give it time and scar tissue im sorry but that is complete bull.i will write to him shortly to tell him how i feel and that i want a full refund as the results are so poor.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I've read your post and i really have nothing to add that would bring any comfort.

From reading the boards for a while, it was one of the reasons i didn't use him.  I know there are people who are happy with their results, however there seem to be a lot with your type of issues. 

I do hope you weren't a guinea pig.

Good Luck in sorting your issues.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
sorry to hear this.

i just had surgery with him and am still wearing the bandages...reading this thread is really worrying me   :(

Offline outertrial

Theres always a risk with these sorts of surgeries, overall the chances of being disfigured are very slight. Maybe the blokes whove had problems could post some pics of what the matter is. Im sure it would help ease peoples mind a bit if theyre going to use Mr Levick, who is, all said, a very famous surgeon for this op.

Offline oxman1

• Posting Member
will go back in a few months and will say if it can't be fixed i want my money back as the results are so poor.there is still to much fat left on the chest and it is not flat,also around both nipples the skin is stuck to the muscle and there are dents where to much fat was removed.whenever i go to see levick he always says scar tissue give it time but thats bull.alot of people seem to have some sort of problem with levick i think when i had my surgey he was very busy and had to much work on and rushed the job.will let you know how it goes and hope he can sort my chest out.

Offline dodgygardener

• Posting Member
i had a revision the other week there, really pleased far. but i got a bill today for daycare, theatre charges.... for about a grand. i didt think id be charged and levick said the receptionist must have been new when i asked him. did anyone else have to pay this? i thought it was a one off payment and revision/post consultations.... were covered

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024