Author Topic: Compression Vests  (Read 2421 times)

Offline painter

Morning

I'm on Day 8 of recovery after surgery with Mr L. All seems to be going ok but the compression vest is proving to be a bit awkward.

Its ok around the chest but does start to give me back ache plus does tend to squish my ample belly. :)

Any ideas - I've considered changing to a Nike Pro undervest that I used to wear for footy.

Thanks to everyone on this site, very helpful !!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Painter,

I’m a little further down the road than you at 5 weeks post op and I no longer have to wear the vest during the day which is a blessing.  What I’m going to suggest may seem obvious but I suppose it depends on what type of compression vest you are wearing.

1.      If you are using the type which has hook and eye fasteners up the front then maybe you could leave the bottom few fastenings undone.  As long as the chest area is compressed then I wouldn’t think it matters too much about the section that covers your belly.  If you aren’t using the type I mention, maybe you should try getting one?
2.      Can’t help you with the back ache though, except to say are you sure your posture is correct?  Before surgery I used to hunch my shoulders in an effort to hide my chest.  Now the boobs have gone I can walk upright and with my shoulders back, but it did take a conscious effort to do this after surgery.

Good luck with your healing.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
i had this problem with mine also and it used to ride up also over my beely :)
so i got the wife to sew 6 hooks (2 on the front 2 on the back and 1 either side)
i hooked these onto my trouser belt and not only did it stop riding up it also held my trousers up :D
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024