Author Topic: 22 years old, Gyne just appearing...  (Read 2564 times)

Offline DjJax33

I am 22 and very nervous about my newly developed bumps under my nipples.  After doing much research, it seems like this is very common with people who were fat at one point and slimmed down.  The thing is, I am skinny as hell.  I've been lanky my whole life. 

I have always been athletic and have recently (past year) been in the weightroom gaining some mass to my body.  It wasn't until I started really working my chest hard, and making improvements on my benchpress, that these lumps appeared.  I am not taking steriods of any kind nor have I ever.  The first bump appeared under my right nipple about three months ago, and then under my left nipple a month or so later.  I have generally been a late bloomer as far as my body goes.  Puberty came a bit later down the line for me opposed to most of my friends.  That may have nothing to do with it though.  I will say that I have smoked marijuana on and off since I was 14, so I guess that is a possible cause.

Is it possible that it is just a phase my body is going through, or are they here to stay?  Regardless, what are the basic steps to getting this checked out.  I don't have a doctor to directly go to, but it is something I would like to get looked at ASAP.  Any detailed help, suggestions, or explainations would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
U should go see a doc, and let he/she do a check. its impossible to know what it is if u dont check it out.

Good luck Wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
What wolfman said, and make it an endocrynologist as one of your first steps just to see if a hormone imbalance is causing it.  I've read somewhere (Hypo, you may correct me here) you may even be able to reverse it this early in the game if your hormones are causing it and they're put back in balance.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I agree with Mr Nip.  As he says, see your family doctor (GP) and get him or her to refer you to an Endocrinologist.  Your hormones need to be checked out to see if they are out of balance.  The Endo can take it from there.  If the “bumps” are glandular and have only recently grown, then the need for surgery to remove them is much less likely.  There are medications which can help reduce or even remove them completely if this is the case.

A word of warning.  Do not try to self medicate ... you could do more harm than good.  See that Endocrinologist.

Good luck and don’t worry.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline DjJax33

Thank you guys so much.  I've become much more concerned about this problem recently and want to get it FIXED!  Is 3-4 months considered early in the game, or should I have gone as soon as I felt the bumps?

My problem is I have no family doctor.  I moved a far distance from my parents and don't really know how to go about finding a good doctor who I can go to when I have problems.  How do I go about finding a Endocrinologist/Doctor that is well qualified and professional?

Thanks Again!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have generally been a late bloomer as far as my body goes.  Puberty came a bit later down the line for me opposed to most of my friends.

There may be a relationship between Gynecomastia and 'Late Bloomers'. I conducted a poll here on Gyne.org about a year ago on 'late bloomers'. The majority of the respondants were in fact, late bloomers. I was a late bloomer myself....

There is also a connection between body height and Gyne. My PS told me that most of his Gyne patients were approx 6 feet tall. I am six feet tall. I conducted a poll on how tall everyone was. Once again, the majority of respondants were approx 6 feet tall.

John.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:17:31 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

There is also a disputed connection between late-puberty and endocrine problems.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024