Author Topic: can Body shaping garments help  (Read 8204 times)

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
I don't know much about the body shaping garments (http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/a/no-surgery_body_shaping/endocrine_gyno_bodyshaper.htm).
pls check my pictures here:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7982.0.html

in my case, can these garments shape my chest? if I reduce my weight and use these garments, would it help?

should I give it a try before going for surgery..

please advice.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
If it would make you feel at peace with yourself to do that then it may be a good solution.  A lot of people on these boards have been using compression shirts and like them.  I never considered wearing anything like that, myself, though.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Thanks Nip.. you always reply to my msg...
my question was whether it will help in shaping the chest? definitely I don't want to wear it life long.. if i wear it for say 3 to 6 months or even 1 year, could it make my chest look masculine?

Offline Mr_Nip

Yes, I think so.  The only ones I have experience with are Underworks for my post-op shirts.  Great quality with a t-shirt look.  They had the extra benefit of shrinking my love handles  :).  There are others out there too, of course.   Maybe somebody else can chime in about other brands.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hi,
Thanks Nip.
Anybody used this one at:
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/a/no-surgery_body_shaping/endocrine_gyno_bodyshaper.htm?

Other than underworks, could u suggest any other good body shaping garments?

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
Yes, I think so.  The only ones I have experience with are Underworks for my post-op shirts.  Great quality with a t-shirt look.  They had the extra benefit of shrinking my love handles  :).  There are others out there too, of course.   Maybe somebody else can chime in about other brands.

Not trying to step on your status on this board Mr. Nip, but when the thread creator asked if a compression garment could make his chest "more masculine", you responded with the above mentioned quote.  I'm just wondering how you could justify the statement that a compression shirt could make a gyne sufferers chest "more masculine" and/or have any effect on shrinking love handles.  Not calling you out Mr. Nip, but I would like to know upon what studies you base your assertions on.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i wonder if he may have been thinking more about the weight loss and distribution part than the gyne. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

Not trying to step on your status on this board Mr. Nip, but when the thread creator asked if a compression garment could make his chest "more masculine", you responded with the above mentioned quote.  I'm just wondering how you could justify the statement that a compression shirt could make a gyne sufferers chest "more masculine" and/or have any effect on shrinking love handles.  Not calling you out Mr. Nip, but I would like to know upon what studies you base your assertions on.

I don't think tony_ss, was asking for specific technical documents and scientific studies.  He asked if anybody thought that wearing a compression garment such as the one in his link would help his chest look more masculine before his surgery.

I gave my opinion based on what the garment I wore did for me while I was wearing it.  Those garments, as headheldhigh01 just mentioned above, redistributed my fat by compressing it.  My love handles did indeed appear smaller while I was wearing the compression shirt.  I don't need a scientific study to justify telling somebody that.
I have read many posts where people stated that their chests looked flatter (I take that to mean "more masculine") while they wore compression shirts pre op.  I don't need scientific tests to tell that either.  I also said I never wore the shirts pre op.  Do you want a scientific study from a medical university to prove that, too?

If you believe that his wearing a compression shirt will not help him look more masculine before his surgery, then say so and let him make up his mind on whether to buy one based on the various opinions of the board members.
You would contribute more to the thread by giving your own opinion on the topic, rather than to hijack it in order to try to pick a debate with me. 

I don't have to, nor will I be accountable to you for my personal opinion based on what I already stated was my experience with the product.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 08:22:07 AM by Mr_Nip »

DrBermant

I don't know much about the body shaping garments (http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/a/no-surgery_body_shaping/endocrine_gyno_bodyshaper.htm).
pls check my pictures here:

in my case, can these garments shape my chest? if I reduce my weight and use these garments, would it help?

should I give it a try before going for surgery..

please advice.

Body shaping garments are only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.  There are also Movies before and after body shaping vests to show how the compression vests stabilize jiggling and bouncing of tissue.  Pick the link to the format you prefer Quicktime or Windows Media Video.

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

We have many patients who have told me that the body shaping compression garments were a fantastic emotional help while losing weight, waiting for the gynecomastia to stabilize, or saving for the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 09:12:31 AM by DrBermant »

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
guys, thanks for a lot of response.
I am basically trying to find out alternate options for surgery.
from Nip's msgs, I would think that body shaping garments could shape the chest to some extent by redistributing fat, so that means that chest would look more masculine after some time without the garment.

But would it help in my case?

my chest pics available here:

Offline Mr_Nip

No, unfortunately the compression shirts don't make your gyne go away after you take them off.  They only hide the gyne or fat WHILE you wear them.    ;)

Offline Mr_Nip

I see now what all the fuss was about.  I NEVER SAID COMPRESSION SHIRTS CURE GYNE. 

Now for all of you who've been thinking to yourself  "Ooooh that evil Mr. Nip... He's saying shirts cure gyne!  OOOH I've got that rascal, now!",   Just take a chill, people.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024