Author Topic: why mammography?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
when i went to my gp, he ruled me out for gyno saying that its only fat, and if its gonna make me feel any better i can go get a mammography done, according to him it will tell me for sure if i really have gyno or not,but being on this site ive seen that many people had an ultrasound, or some hormone tests to figure it out, i dont know why he asked me get a mammo however i have an appointment tonite. actually i have puffy nipples, but they are soft not firm, is this pseudo gyne or the regular gyne? thanks in advance for ur replies?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Puffy nipples on men are almost always caused by excessive gland pushing them out.  Mammograms are not an accurate device for showing the amount of gland tissue in a man's chest.  Even if your gyne is caused mostly by fat, then it's still gyne.

Most GP's don't have a clue about what gyne truly is or what to do about it, so skip the GP and the mammogram.

Go straight to an endocrynologist to see if your hormones are in balance, and then to a plastic surgeon for a consultation about removal of your gyne. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:52:12 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
i think you are right mr nip, because i felt like my gp is not well informed about gyno, like you said i should go see a endocrinologist, but will he perform any more tests, because i already got ripped off with the mammo, and will the endo give me a referral to a ps, because i live in Chicago and i dont really know of any good plastic surgeons? i appreciate your reply man. peace.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes the endo will perform tests, but these are the ones that will determine if your hormones are out of balance.  This is valuable information for someone who's removing gyne.  If the gyne is removed, but the hormones are still out of balance then you may have the gyne returning sometime later.  If the endo finds problems with the hormones then he/she can treat that problem and better ensure permanent surgery results. 

The endo may be able to give you some ideas, but I'll bet there are some people on here who could recommend a PS in the Chicago area.  I would think that there would be some pretty qualified gyne surgeons in a place like Chicago. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024