Author Topic: Surely it cant be back AGAIN!!???  (Read 1880 times)

Offline tmb82

• Posting Member
Hi,

Its been a while since I've visited, but in times of need I know I can turn here! I had my gynecomastia revision nearly two years ago now, with Mr Levick. He did an outstanding job. However a year later I noticed a small lump behind my right nipple. I showed Mr Levick, and without hesitation he very kindly removed it. He was great - he even reassured me that even though I could see and he could see it, no-one else would notice it, but he kindly removed it anyway. Now, six months on, it appears like its back....could it really be? I just can't believe that after one op, then a second deliberatly targeting one specific area, and its still there??? I am hoping its scar tissue. But, if its not, if its real gynecomastia, what causes it to be in the same place yet again, on one side only and nowhere else? I am not taking drugs, other than a beclometasone inhaler for asthma which I have been assured does not have gyne as a side effect. Do you think this might go, will it stay, or will it get worse? Twice now, I have thought I have seen the back of the darned problem and this little blighter keeps coming back to remind me of my past.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

Recurrence of gyne immediately makes me wonder if you have had your hormones evaluated.  If someone has a hormonal imbalance in favour of oestradiol then that oestradiol will act on any gland remaining in the breast.

There is no doubt that Mr Levick is a great surgeon and very thorough, but it is very difficult to remove every tiny piece of gland during surgery.  If any remains and the oestradiol levels are high, it will make that gland grow again.  So if you haven’t already done so get your hormone levels checked.  When you get the results post them on here so someone like Hypo can look at them.  GPs and many endocrinologists simply do not have the in depth knowledge to interpret them properly.  I know that sounds arrogant but I have come across so many cases including my own where the GP says "they are within the normal range so you must be ok".  It is the balance that is important and not so much the normal range.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024