Author Topic: Say NO to the documentary  (Read 4259 times)

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
I am really not looking forward to this production, and would advise people to have nothing to do with it, if this is the same gecko productions, from http://www.c4i.tv/news.aspx?id=12;

" ....Gecko Productions, the new indie set up by former Television Corp execs Viv McGrath and Andrew Brann.

Channel 4 International has distributed several of McGrath’s previous films made at Redback Films and Mentorn Productions. These include: THE BOY WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HIS TWIN; THE 80-YEAR-OLD CHILDREN; THE MAN WHO WAS PREGNANT; CURSE OF THE MERMAID and THE MAN WHO SLEPT FOR 19 YEARS, which have between them clocked up sales to over 20 territories."

Going to get a nice title for us, eh?

I am going to make a documentary call the " THE 21st CENTURY FREAKSHOW A***HOLES"

Offline FT

• Posting Member
Thank for your posting.  I understand there can be some confusion over the naming of documentaries.  However, similar to newspaper headlines, documentaries often have tabloid sounding titles to attract viewers.  Subsequently, you will know that a title does not necessarily reflect the tone of the programme. In fact, all of the programmes you mention were recognized for high journalistic and scientific content.   Our documentary is not attempt to make fun of Gynecomastia, we are trying to help promote awareness of the condition and we are treating all our research confidentially and with the respect it deserves.  I would be more than happy to discuss any questions anyone has about this programme in more detail. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
I also kind of worry how this program will promote awareness to those in society
im glad i got rid of my moobs before this program hits the air  :-\
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

I agree. All the above titles are sensationalist to some degree. The standards of journalism is a pretense, when in fact they are entertainment, in only the slightly broader sense.

All of the above titles are about rare conditions. Gyne is not rare. Therefore is will have a bad effect on all sufferers. I'm going for an OP soon and I'm very happy about that, but this proposed documentary has a whiff of social engineering about it.

Offline outertrial

Didnt c4 do a  documentary about this already? Doesn anyone have a copy they can put on rapidshare or something?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, on C4 is was called 'Boys With Breasts'. In North America, the name was 'Men With Breasts'. I have a copy of 'Men With Breasts' on my HD but it is a 4Gig file and most data hosting Sites have file size limitations.   :-\   If anyone knows of a Site that doesn't have a 'file size' limitation, please let me know and I'll gladly UL it.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, that documentary that GB is talking about was where I first heard about gynecomastia.  That's what started everything for me.  I saw it on A&E a couple of years ago.  I am very glad that I caugth that documentary and I asked myself, "Why did it take me so long to finally hear about this?"  This is definitely a touchy subject.  We want more people to know about this problem and accept it, but we also know that many people won't accept it and it could spark even more humiliation.  It's a real tough thing.  Is there any other way to get people who are suffering from this help?  It's a legit question. 

Offline ak1982

• Posting Member
Yes, on C4 is was called 'Boys With Breasts'. In North America, the name was 'Men With Breasts'. I have a copy of 'Men With Breasts' on my HD but it is a 4Gig file and most data hosting Sites have file size limitations.   :-\   If anyone knows of a Site that doesn't have a 'file size' limitation, please let me know and I'll gladly UL it.

GB

i have 5gb of online storage.  are you on msn?  i can give you ftp details to upload to it then i'll publish the link.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

GB

i have 5gb of online storage.  are you on msn?  i can give you ftp details to upload to it then i'll publish the link.

Sure dude, let me know what I have to do. Haven't done ftp in a while tho. You'll have to give me a refresher course.   :-[

GB

Offline outertrial

Theres a free program called AutoGordian Knot. You can use that to squish the file right down. For a documentary which is what, 45 minutes to an hour? - then 400megs would be fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024