Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3773 times)

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hello again Levick Lads, been off t'internet for a while, getting broadband installed.

Just saying hi. Hope everyone is doing well.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hello AJP. I'm fine thanks, gearing up for surgery, a little over a week to go now!

How are you and your chest? Got any pics going yet?
etc.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good to hear you're well.

I'm doing ok myself thanks; chest looks a world better than pre-op. Haven't got any photos up yet but I will do soon. I'll also get the pre-op photos back off Levick when I nip to see him for the post-op consultation.

Things vary from day to day to be honest. Over the last week or so, after going into the 'vest on at night only' stage I've noticed that my nips seem to puff up a bit the longer I'm out of the vest. Ie, by the time I go to bed they do seem to protrude a bit. In the mornings though, when the vest first comes off, they seem very flat but consist of what seems like a bit too much skin. It's hard to explain. Anyway, it's more noticable later in the day. They seem to 'fill up' with fluid or something and take on a more pronounced shape. They get more noticable under clothes as the day goes on.

But in comparison to pre-op, the overall shape has changed dramatically for the better. Beforehand I had 'puffy-nip gyne' (probably a proper name for it ;D) rather than 'boob-gyne'. Although it was mainly the nips that stood out there was alot more fat making things worse.

Hopefully it is just swelling, or fluid that in time will settle down. The fact that the compression of the vest can cause the 'fluid' to subside maybe means that it will go down soon on it's own accord. Uk Bloke actually posted a very similar concern a few weeks ago. How are you getting on by the way Uk Bloke?

Anyway, each day brings it's own questions and concerns, and the more you go along the more you get used to the paranoia (if that's the right word!).

Good luck with the op Doddy - Levick and his team are top-notch so you needn't worry about a thing.

All the best.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers for the info.

To be honest you saying that you still have puffiness, having had 'puffy-nip gyne' (like me) is a bit worrying.. but hmmm.

Could you compare your case to mine? Pics:

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Sorry for the hijack - just wondering if you could help me out.  8)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Sorry, just to make it clear what I'm wondering:

1. How would you compare your pre-op case to mine?
2. How would you compare how you look post-op to mine (obv. pre-op)?

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
No probs mate.

I was similar to you in ways, but I'd disagree to say you have out and out puffy-nip gyne. You do have a fair amount of underlying fat aswell, giving your chest a more boob-gyne appearance. I'd say you have 'a-bit-of-both-gyne'. Again, not the real name, but you see what I mean! ;D

My nipples were a bit larger, and not as pointed - imagine a couple of domes. I had a fair bit of underlying fat like you have.

BUT...............!!!

Not sure if you have read much of the older posts but basically I had surgery on the NHS a couple of years before my op with Levick. I had ariola excision, where they actually cut about an inch around the bottom of each nipple and get the 'gristle' out direct. It wasn't very successful.

Anyway, my point is that maybe this previous op has something to do with how my nipples are reacting at the moment. So don't start getting worried about what you'll look like. Everybody heals differently and has a different shape and amount of gyne, so it would be hard to base the results of one man on those of another.

Just look at how many people are happy with Levick's work. I'm not at all disappointed, as I know that it takes alot of time to heal fully, and my chest is still changing from day to day. I think I'll get in touch with Mr Levick and get the pre op photos (he takes them just before they send you to sleep) and also see if I can get him to have a look at my chest as it is now. I'm only about 5 weeks post op, so I'm still very optimistic over the results. Maybe I've forgotten how I looked before the op and seeing the photos would remind me just how good Levick is.

It's natural to be worried either before the op (like you) or after the op (like me), so we're very lucky to have this resource and be able to 'compare notes'.

Just stay cool and don't get any real paranoia built up. The better you handle things mentally, the better your body will cope with the changes.

Cheers.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Forgot to add - in answer to your question 2:

I now look much flatter post op than you do pre op. It's just my nipples that have puffed up a bit. The rest of my chest is flat and, well, quite muscular actually!!! ;D

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers.   8)

Although denying gyne here seems a bit stupid, I think my chest looked a bit fatter in those pics because of how I was slumped in my chair. Months of work in the gym have given me a fairly muscular chest which should look pretty good once the damn gland is gone  ;D

.. Or so goes the plan.

Offline Ste

• Posting Member
Hi AJP! Yeah my nips seemed to have too much skin but shrank over time.

Doddy, yours looks similar to how mine looked. Mine were a little larger one side and the same as yours the other. I seriously reckon you'll get good results. I can tell that you're not overweight apart from your chest, so you've done all you can. Basically you look like a similar case to me pre-op & I'm well happy with my results.

Just to reiterate, I reckon you will get good results from the operation based on my own experience.

Good luck.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hi Ste.

Hope your post-op life is treating you well. How long before your nips shrunk down?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hi AJP! Yeah my nips seemed to have too much skin but shrank over time.

Doddy, yours looks similar to how mine looked. Mine were a little larger one side and the same as yours the other. I seriously reckon you'll get good results. I can tell that you're not overweight apart from your chest, so you've done all you can. Basically you look like a similar case to me pre-op & I'm well happy with my results.

Just to reiterate, I reckon you will get good results from the operation based on my own experience.

Good luck.

;D Cheers duder.

Offline Ste

• Posting Member
Hi Ste.

Hope your post-op life is treating you well. How long before your nips shrunk down?

Post op is heaven. Girls, T shirts, lounging around, relaxing, been out for a run without a top on, totally fnckin cool. I'm lapping it up because I've never had it before and before it becomes passe (if ever).

My nips shrank back after about 10 weeks, from memory. They looked a bit like deflated dairy lee cheeses for a while. Now they look fine - they don't really respond to temp, just look the same all the time.

Also I had too much skin all over my chest which just gradually got tighter. Amazing thing the human body.

Doddy, no probs mate - looks like you're next under the knife.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Nice one Ste.

That's definately given me more confidence. :D

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
Going for a run without a top on - now that is something to look forward to, and something never to be considered pre-op without scaring animials and small children.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024