Author Topic: surgery and consultations in south wales.  (Read 3283 times)

Offline confuzzle

• Posting Member
hi all, i've been searching through the forums tryin to see if anyone has had a consultation or a procedure carried out in the south wales area but have not been able to come up with anything yet. If there is anyone out there who could give any advice for the south wales area, or surrounding areas and recommend specific surgeons and possible prices i would truely appreciate it. After reading so many peoples posts i've decided to do something about it, although in another topic of mine people have reassured me that my condition is not as bad as others, i have still come to the stage where i can't stand not being able to do trivial things like go swimming, or go out and buy a t-shirt because i like the look of it instead of how it wears. I'm going to see my G.P first thing in the morning but judging by other peoples topics they don't seem to be getting much luck from them. So any advice on conquering this now prefereably in the south wales area would be amazing! even if its just a surgeons name, or a price.

Thanks all.

Offline outertrial

Basically you shouldnt choose a surgeon based on their location, or price to be honest. I went to Barcelona for my op but I was very confident in the surgeon. The UK is a small place so go for the best not the one that is 45 minutes on the train, its a false economy in the end.

Offline confuzzle

• Posting Member
sure thing mate i agree. after re reading my post it doesn't come across as i meant it too. I looked last night at many posts referring to surgery in Barcelona and noticed there happy many happy shoppers, i dont quite understand how the wholw consultation thing works for abroad surgery though. I know the consultations are done in the UK, mainly London, but how often are the surgeons in London to do these? London is a fair old treck for me, so thats why i was wondering if anyone had any experience in my area. to be honest the idea of having it done in Barcelona has appealed to me, especially after seeing the surgery offered for half the price and with people raving about the results.

Offline Koi

• Posting Member
I live in South Wales - and in a weeks time I'm travelling up to Birmingham for my surgery with Mr Levick.

Really good recomendations on the site, and the way I figure it, a 2 hour train journey and the £50 train fare will be well worth it!!!

Offline confuzzle

• Posting Member
how much is the surgery mate?

p.s i got my fingers crossed u get good results too!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Basically you shouldnt choose a surgeon based on their location, or price to be honest. I went to Barcelona for my op but I was very confident in the surgeon. The UK is a small place so go for the best not the one that is 45 minutes on the train, its a false economy in the end.

I agree with the above 105%  ;D

P.S.
Mr Levick in Birmigham costs a little under £4000 last time I looked.  Any revision work is completely free and he is probably the most experienced surgeon for this procedure in the UK.  Check out Poland and Spain though as the prices are significantly cheaper.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
For 4000 pounds (which is nearly 8000 USD) You could go to Dr - or Dr Bermant they both have better reports than Mr Levick. Its cheaper and you could have a little holiday in the USA.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:27:30 AM by cleanup »

Offline Koi

• Posting Member
I'm paying £3855 for Mr Levick.

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
Why dont you use Dr Bermant?

Offline outertrial

sure thing mate i agree. after re reading my post it doesn't come across as i meant it too. I looked last night at many posts referring to surgery in Barcelona and noticed there happy many happy shoppers, i dont quite understand how the wholw consultation thing works for abroad surgery though. I know the consultations are done in the UK, mainly London, but how often are the surgeons in London to do these? London is a fair old treck for me, so thats why i was wondering if anyone had any experience in my area. to be honest the idea of having it done in Barcelona has appealed to me, especially after seeing the surgery offered for half the price and with people raving about the results.

I guess you mean Dr Benito. I had my op with him. You email him and they make an appointment in Harley Street next time hes in the UK. He visits at least once a month. It doesnt cost anything and if you want to go ahead you can book the surgery in Barcelona pretty much any time you want. Ive had one follow up in Harley Street to have the stitches out and another one this month. Very pleased with the results.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9199.0.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024