Author Topic: I would appreciate some feedback from you folks  (Read 2386 times)

Offline kahlild83

This site is amazing, full of knowledgable as well as understanding people. I am 24, used to lift and play basketball, but am now out of shape and need to lower body fat significantly.    I have had this condition since 13 years old, just want to know what you all think (if you have time). I sense a bit of bilateralism going on, pretty noticable. My nipples are usually puffy and i definately notice hard glandular tissue behind each nipple, but i also have alot of fat i need to get rid of in the area .  Hard to wear tight shirts, especially wife-beaters. What do you fine folks think, it is always in the back of my mind,is it pretty awful or what?  Thanks      http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/kahlild83
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:53:08 PM by kahlild83 »

Offline kahlild83

Heard anything good about Dr. Pensler in chicago? (I live about 20 min from him). I am going to drop some body fat before I consider the option of surgery, when I was in good shape it wasnt too bad aside from the puffy nipples. The funny thing is, all the girls I have dated never had a problem with it and never even seemed to notice. it seems like the majority of the problem becomes strictly mental. Thanks MayWest for your comment.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Yes, definitely gyne. I'd give a 5. Whatever the decision you decide to take, good luck and keep us posted ! Welcome on this forum where nobody wants to be ! Cheers mate !

Offline kahlild83

I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for the responses. Without this site, it truly would be difficult to move on this. The truth of the matter is, this problem really has not bothered me as severely as it has recently (I have probably had it for 10 years, I am now 24). It may be because i though it would eventually go away over time after puberty.  The biggest fear i have is not the actual surgery, (ive heard Pensler is an amazing surgeon with this specific procedure and he performs over 100 a year), but more so the possibility of the condition resurfacing. I think before I get any consultations I should clear up my hormone levels with an endocrinologist just to see if I represent the normal levels. I know that alot of the reasons for Gynecomastia fall within in the idiopathic category, but I would just like to be sure everything is normal before I go through with an expense procedure. Maywest, i appreciate your words of advice, it truly helps to have people on your side that can identify with the situation at hand.  Ultimately, I see myself getting the procedure done, but I would like to drop a significant amount of body fat before I commit myself to it.  If anyone has anything to add about Dr. Pensler, I would really appreciate it, he comes highly recommended and he is conveniently located in my area.

Also, I have a question for you all regarding post-surgery. How many days would you all imagine I would have to miss work (not a physically demanding job). Would it be wise to get the surgery on a friday so I can cut back on my missed days?? Also, how easy is it keeping the procedure discreet from close friends and family members??? Thanks again  folks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024