Author Topic: disc under nipples?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline concerned

• Posting Member
Hello,

Can someone please explain what it means if you feel hard discs under your nipples?

Do only people with gyne have these?  Or do all men have these?

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I'm new to this...

If there are any links that discuss it, can you please post them.

Thanks!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
it's glandular tissue. everyone has it to some extent but it's only when there's too much that there's a problem.

Offline concerned

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.  So how do you know when you have too much?  Is that what causes the "puffy niples"?

So does gyne = too much glandular tissue + fat + breast tissue (not fat)?

Is there a way to distinguish fat from gyne?

Sorry for the basic questions... just trying to get the basic facts down.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
gyne= "Female-like breasts", whether it's from fat, gland, whatever.  gland is usually harder (like the "disks" you described) and fat is usually softer.  usually when people complain of gyne it's a combo of both fatty tissue and gland. to know for sure you have to cut it open and look. the ps doesn't know for sure "exactly" what's there until you are under the knife (usually, of course--you can do mammograms and things of that nature but that's usually not the case).

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sometimes it is not at all easy to guess the relationship of fatty to glandular tissue until after the surgery is over and you can see what was removed. Even a good surgeon cannot be sure all the time in a pre-op exam.

This is why you would want to leave the surgical options open so the surgeon could deal apropriately with what was found as the surgery progressed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the question makes me wonder how much normal guys really have.  maybe everyone's different, but when mine started up it was as a tiny hard knot, it wasn't diffuse, it grew into a disk from there, and i had never had anything like it till then.  so i don't think gland is really that normal.  and even if not, if we someday discover it's a 20th/21st century diet thing,  we'll distinguish between normal and just widespread.  
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:40:30 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024