Author Topic: working on chest  (Read 7299 times)

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
my teacher says ur chest(muscle) ;) wont grow unless u work your back out too. your body likes symmetry. so u guys try it.

Offline totall

its always a good idea to work out the opposing muscles to teh one you wanna make bigger, it is possable to do one without the other but you risk teh chance of hurting yourself.
i personaly think working  more on your back and abbs before getting in heavy with chest stuff, would be better at first,  build up what supports you first, dont forget to do your legs to, and do lots of cardio,  lifting weights without cardio slows you down alot

Offline nop

• Posting Member
No it doesnt.

Offline red^

• Posting Member
YES IT DOES

Offline losing it

Cardio is required to keep you slim and your health functional to pump more efficently, according to my Doc

Offline jimyd77

• Posting Member
I had my gyno surgery about 8 weeks ago and am just getting back into the gym now...taking it slow and steady, and looking forward to building the chest I've always dreamed of...rock hard and well-defined instead of squishy and bouncy. 

Prior to the surgery I was in the gym consistently (trying to loose the boobs) and have found that the best exercises for building muscle are compound movements...such as the squat, deadlift, bench press, and military press.  These exercises bring multiple muscle groups into play (thus the name compound) and should be the foundation for any effective workout program.  Don't be fooled by those who say otherwise...isolation exercises certainly have their place, but for building mass...compound is the way to go!

Here's a link to an excellent forum about weightlifting.  Yes, I know most of these guys are professional bodybuilders, but there is lots of information on here for the newbie and amateur as well.  Find what works for you, and discard the rest.  Good luck!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024