Author Topic: Reading older posts.  (Read 1150 times)

Brdy64

This forum gets quiet sometimes, and there really isn't much new stuff being posted. We are all busy in our daily lives, and I notice that we sometimes just 'check-in' is all.

I have taken these 'slower' times in reading older posts, many by members who are no longer active but many who are.

Our lives evolve considerably here in the acceptance side of this forum. I read posts from a year or more ago from some of my friends I have here now, and I am amazed in how everyone has grown (pun not intended).

Y'all seem so well adjusted now that it's hard to realize that we were all just dealing with the 'acceptance' end of it it one time or another. We have much more in common than just boobs.

Each of us has dealt with it slightly different, but we all deal with the same hormonal stew and it's 'more than just boobs' effect on our lives.
We are all special in some way, and great support for each other.
We have been given the opportunity to 'check-in' here every day to remind ourselves that 'we are not alone'.

Had someone told me last year that I would be shopping across the isle in the women's section, I most likely would have gotten upset.
Not for any specific reason, just a preconceived idea that society instilled within me.
However making my own clothes was still doing exactly that. 🤔
I could 'buy' them to fit, I didn't have to 'make' them.

Perceptions change, and they became more realistic. And that is something I notice all of us experience.

Thanks y'all 💁‍♂️

Offline taxmapper

On other forums I have deliberately revived zombie threads to continue old conversations that may have relevance. 
Why one would not want to try this is IMO is a loss to the reader. 

Brdy64

On other forums I have deliberately revived zombie threads to continue old conversations that may have relevance.
Why one would not want to try this is IMO is a loss to the reader.
Absolutely 👍

Upfront

Most basic questions are answered on old threads. If people only searched and read we could all save a lot of effort!
Seriously, we live in an instant info world and no one can be bothered so we do need to keep answering.
Themes also progress. Sophie coming out was a big turning point. I am proud of my open attitude and that others around the same time seem to catch the mood of the moment.
I never thought, years ago, that a forum that a decade ago would have regarded a bra as a last resort, would have changed so much - even to the point of men talking about feelings and that great safety valve (crying)
It has become a better, open and more honest place
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 01:35:53 AM by Upfront »

Brdy64

Well, to be honest, leaping into a bra was one of the hardest decisions I ever made. I can understand why the older version of the forum regarded it as a 'last resort'. 
Not that I didn't know I needed one, I have known that most my life. It was the stigma of it. Society has deemed it as women's attire, and you don't exactly find the 'men's bra section' at Walmart. 🤔
It's a tough decision to make, and I made it very late in life. I'm glad others here had embraced it much earlier on than me. 
Many of my friends here have grown substantially, but above and beyond that, this forum has grown and matured. Much like Upfront has mentioned. 

Offline blad

I have always known I should wear a bra since my teens. This I did in a vacuum on my own in the dark ages before the internet. At times I thought I was the only guy with boobs and wore a bra.

It has been great to share with others now.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

blad, I too thought I was the only one who had breasts. I didn't know of anyone else. I have always been obsessed with my chest and thought I was mental. I did have a girl friend one time get me to try her bra. It was too small, but even then I knew bras were in my future even if I couldn't accept it then. The bra just felt too right, even if it was too small. I refuse to be in public now without a bra on. It doesn't feel right.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
After my diagnosis, in 2011, I found this site while searching for Gynecomastia.  I have seen a number of guys come and go.  I agree that it has evolved to be more about feelings than just function. 

Sophie has been here the whole time and bravely made the change.  She was always a source of information to me.  As have many of you. 

On this Mother's Day, please pay homage to all our Mother's who bore, nurtured and gave us direction.

aboywithgirls

Thank you 😊 so much! TBH, it's all of you here who really helped me fully accept me as me. Even though I had been wearing a bra full time for more than 20 years before I came here, I still had some insecurities. I had discovered that I wasn't alone. There were others like me. There were other men who not only embraced learned the benefits of wearing a bra, many also felt the same way about panties. 

I had been out to a member here for a while before announcing my womanhood here on the forum. Out of respect for him(or her 🤗), he (or she 🤗) will remain anonymous. (♥️ you sister!!!). It was the most natural thing that I have ever done, transitioning to womanhood. I was so nervous about coming out to all of you here because technically, I no longer had gynecomastia. I am still the same person, just not " one of the guys " anymore. We all want to be accepted by others. Whether it's gynecomastia, or wearing a bra or ladies outerwear or even accepting your own sense of your own womanhood. 

We are all exactly who and what we are. I sincerely am grateful for all of you guys ( and ladies, you know who you are ♥️🤗😊❤️💋).

♥️Sophie♥️

Brdy64

We are all exactly who and what we are. I sincerely am grateful for all of you guys ( and ladies, you know who you are ♥️🤗😊❤️💋).

♥️Sophie♥️
You have been quite the inspiration yourself.
Doubts about 'crossing the isle' might not have been overcome without your support here on the forum.
Today I'm dressed about 70% off the women's rack at Torrid 😍 (sweatpants because it's raining).
Thank you for being here 😉

Orb

I wasn't going to say anything but just have to. 
I'm so glad to see and to have been a part of this group as I have witnessed the change in this acceptance side of the forum.  I'm delighted Sophie has felt she could be herself, embrace it and be.  Be a kind voice of reason for all.  Not pushing one way or another.  I have seen the shift in others now as well.  The talk about feelings, clothing choices and how they make me feel has been a not talked about subject.  I have grown and can now see I have had these feelings all my life but was told to "man up" if it were. I now continue to wear what makes me happy without shame.  I have always felt the part of me that developed my chest has changed how I feel emotionally and has been apart of me my whole life. And that is okay.  I like me and feel its a shame others around me can't have the "softer side" I have.

I, like upfront, left for a bit and returned with a new name.  I haven't changed.  I do feel the group has.

Orb

formerly Bridge

Brdy64

It sure is nice that we can all speak freely here. Whether we are embracing our feminine side, or simply looking for bra choices. 🤔

Some will get matching panties, others will do their best to 'hide' a sports bra. But the one thing we have in common are breasts and the hormones that produced them. 

Each of us will find a comfort zone, and sometimes that comfort zone can evolve. But we are all one in the same, yet unique. 😉

aboywithgirls

This is so true about comfort zones. Myself, I am perfectly comfortable and content wearing a skirt or dress to work. Because of the dress code, this also means that I have to wear nylons with it. I am also comfortable and content with that. There are other ladies who hate to wear nylons. They don't like the feel of them or they don't like having to shave their legs all the time. I understand that. For the most part, they are more comfortable in slacks. 

To each, their own 🤗😊

❤️Sophie❤️

Orb

True. 
My wife hated to wear nylons.  I think because it was how a proper lady dressed.  Not ones choice.  She knew I liked it and enjoyed the benefits of them and had no problem with me wearing them.  Have for decades.  Then one had to wear thin nylon underwear with them if you did wear, which I did.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
Thank you 😊 so much! TBH, it's all of you here who really helped me fully accept me as me. Even though I had been wearing a bra full time for more than 20 years before I came here, I still had some insecurities. I had discovered that I wasn't alone. There were others like me. There were other men who not only embraced learned the benefits of wearing a bra, many also felt the same way about panties.

♥️Sophie♥️
I should have stated " bravely came out to this group as the woman who you always were".  Again, your thoughtful comments and advice has been very helpful. 

I did join the panty party 4 years ago, when I began wearing real bras.  Instead of jog bras.  The were, and are still, fine for exercise.  As my breasts have grown, I need more room for them to breathe.  Bra's and tidy whitey's, didn't work.  Very happy with the change.  I would have never broached this to my wife, without your observations before that time.  Since we wear the same size, I wear black and she wears every other color. Works well for us.  Most of my bras are black.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024