Author Topic: Beach Trip  (Read 4176 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Took a beach trip last week with some friends of mine.. it was.. very DEPRESSING w/ my gyne problem :/.. Wore a t-shirt and underarmour under the T-shirt to try and hide it as best I could.. Wishing I could be like the others and be shirtless.. the surgery has been denied several times by my parents(they get weird about it when i bring it up) so ive stopped.. Life w/o gyne is only a dream I can have(..and o what a dream it is) if only it could become a reality! At least beach trips would be relaxing instead of stressful..

Offline TigerPaws

Took a beach trip last week with some friends of mine.. it was.. very DEPRESSING w/ my gyne problem :/.. Wore a t-shirt and underarmour under the T-shirt to try and hide it as best I could.. Wishing I could be like the others and be shirtless.. the surgery has been denied several times by my parents(they get weird about it when i bring it up) so ive stopped.. Life w/o gyne is only a dream I can have(..and o what a dream it is) if only it could become a reality! At least beach trips would be relaxing instead of stressful..
Your parents can not and should not solve your problems, life is difficult and often hard. However bad you believe your situation is someone else has it worse. No one can embarrass you if you do not allow them to, strike back at those who want to make themselves feel powerful by taking that power away from them by ignoring them. Should someone say something to you or in you presence ask then directly if they would act the same if someone was blind, missing an arm or had been disfigured because of and injury or birth defect? Believe me these people will cower and walk away and you will have stopped them from getting what they need a sense of power.

Take control of your life and move on with who you are and what you are.

Offline hippocrit

my parents wouldn't let me get the surgery and got weird about it too. I've had gyne since I was 13 and am now 20. I used it as motivation to get in shape and since I have become a fitness nut competing in track, triathlons and I just did a spartan race.

Don't rely on your parents on this one, it may take time, but life is longer than your teenage years, maybe after high school or college you will be able to afford the surgery

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Yup life is difficult and tigerpaws is hell-bent on proving that he's got the cajones to withstand it. Contrary to this, it can be quite fantastic with the right attitude and support network.

This is a great place where people can share and vent, that is both therapeutic and educational. We've all been impacted by gyno in one way or another, but we all show it very differently. Lighten up!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

Hi Zado,

At 20 I felt just as you do.  Now I just do the beach or whatever, take off my shirt or whatever as appropriate and take whatever is said as a straight line or honest curiosity and deal with it that way.  Some guy that makes remarks gets the "So these (pointing at my breasts) are what turn you on?" in an incredulous voice and expression and everybody laughs at the bully and that is the end of it.  I have even carried a set of rubber "novelty breasts" that I have tossed at a guy saying "Here, you can borrow these for the day if you are feeling left out."  After that they disappear quickly, my friends applaud and that is the  end of it.

And these breasts have only been assets with the girls getting any number of "you can feel mine if I can feel yours" type offers.  Hey, I'm open to that.  It's a lot more fun that way.  For an entirely different experience, take your girl friend to visit a nudist club for the day and get rid of your underlying body shame.  You have options besides surgery, like accepting your body and enjoying life instead of suffering because of how your body turned out.  Being fat and bloated most of my life for reasons beyond my control was a much worse suffering than having the breasts and was a genuine health problem that almost killed me.  By the time I was out of college, married the girl who had founded the college nudist club, and got down to living life, the breasts were a big zero.  The farther I got from the junior high mindset the better everything was.

hammer

I can see that the nudist camp could be very helpful for everyone, as it would prove that without cloths on, none of us are perfect!

If Adam and Eve would not have done the original sin, we would not have a need for the nudist camp, but then, would we even know we were nude in the first place?

Bob aka Hammer

Offline xelnaga13

Physical insecurities are just like any other obstacle. How you choose to overcome it is up to you. If you decide to get surgery, you will find it's amazing how much money you can save when you live in your parent's house.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I can see that the nudist camp could be very helpful for everyone, as it would prove that without cloths on, none of us are perfect!

If Adam and Eve would not have done the original sin, we would not have a need for the nudist camp, but then, would we even know we were nude in the first place?

Bob aka Hammer

Hi Bob,

but then, would we even know we were nude in the first place?

You know, after a relatively short while the awareness of being nude just fades away.  After a few weeks without wearing clothing it feels very strange to get dressed which brings constant awareness of being in the clothed state for some days until it becomes "normal" to ones neurology again.  As far as getting used to being around a bunch of nude people, it happens quickly.  When everybody is nude it ceases being novel quickly.  Bodies are as individual and varied as faces.  There are no perfect bodies, no average bodies and there are a whole lot of ordinary unique bodies.  It's good just being another unique ordinary body at a camp.  Most clubs have a friendly and sociable bunch of people.

Offline xelnaga13

Bob aka Hammer

Hi Bob,

You know, after a relatively short while the awareness of being nude just fades away.  After a few weeks without wearing clothing it feels very strange to get dressed which brings constant awareness of being in the clothed state for some days until it becomes "normal" to ones neurology again.  As far as getting used to being around a bunch of nude people, it happens quickly.  When everybody is nude it ceases being novel quickly.  Bodies are as individual and varied as faces.  There are no perfect bodies, no average bodies and there are a whole lot of ordinary unique bodies.  It's good just being another unique ordinary body at a camp.  Most clubs have a friendly and sociable bunch of people.

Never heard it put that way. I had an interesting obeservation the other day at work. It was about 100+ degrees out and the kids I work with were using their last period for water play. One of them came up to me and told me they were done swimming and wanted to do something else. I told the child that was perfectly fine and suggested the sand box. I took my attention away for a moment and when I looked back the child had removed his bathing suit and left it where he was standing. It made me laugh and consider how hard society works to modify basic human instincts.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

Bob aka Hammer

Hi Bob,

Never heard it put that way. I had an interesting obeservation the other day at work. It was about 100+ degrees out and the kids I work with were using their last period for water play. One of them came up to me and told me they were done swimming and wanted to do something else. I told the child that was perfectly fine and suggested the sand box. I took my attention away for a moment and when I looked back the child had removed his bathing suit and left it where he was standing. It made me laugh and consider how hard society works to modify basic human instincts.

Hi Xelnaga,

Kids are like that.  It take most kids something less than 5 minutes to get used to get out of their clothing when they don't HAVE TO wear it.

The adults are not anywhere near as sensible.  I know people with neurological conditions that make clothing unbearably uncomfortable and yet they choose home confinement seeing almost nobody for years rather than a nudist club.  Clothing is quite uncomfortable and takes some days to get used to even for a normal neurology.  Many people have uncomfortable rashes and bacteria stench from their clothing.  A week of no clothing and the bacterial smell of the body completely changes with exposure to UV light and air and most skin problems clear up in a couple of weeks.  When leaving the club one has to get used to the idea of living in ones own stinking clothing aided by deodorants.  People shower multiple times per day, before and often after each pool and hot tub usage.

I took a young lady recovering from cancer and going through a bout of anorexia to a nudist club.  Within a couple of hours she came  up to me and whispered, "I guess I'm not fat after all.  I'm the skinniest one here."  She ceased being anorexic literally that day.  She ended up marrying a nice nudist guy after her now ex-hubby pulled a Gingritch (as this young lady woke up from her NDE her soon to be ex hubby said "You didn't die so I'm getting a divorce"). 

Offline TheNWS

• Posting Member
It must me difficult, my parents were fully supportive of my decision and I think they even were grateful that I opened up about my problem.  I don't see why your parents wouldn't approve.  If you sat down and explained your situation I believe they would fully understand better.  Good luck my friend all the best.

Offline abs1

• Posting Member
One thing I've learned is that while parents can be supportive to your problem, that doesn't necessarily mean they will financially support it. My folks thought I looked fine, it was only till afterwards they got the "i told you so" look off their faces.

Also, while some may have the capacity to embrace gyne (and more power to you guys), not all of us can. This shit bothered me everyday of my life from 13 to 27, when I had my surgery I never thought about it again, huge relief.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Back in 1960 my parents were hopeless.  My mother was going in and out of psychosis and was impossible to live with.  She blamed me somehow for developing these breasts to torment her.  In general she was hot and cold running body shame all the time.  And there was not anything at all that could or would be done about it in 1960.  The probability of a teen aged boy with D cups (or any other size for that matter) having a double mastectomy, major surgery as one of the docs here put it, realistically was about zero.  And it would have been a crude chop job anyway.  They were not very good at satisfactory cosmetic results.  We have a female friend who had breast reduction surgery about 1970 and it was a total ugly botch-up, misshapen and scarred, sort of crude frankenstein style with big ugly seams and scars running every which direction.  She became so unhappy with her messed up breasts that she had no relationships at all for the next 40+ years.  She will not  expose her breasts to be seen under any circumstances by anybody.  She is responding very much like many guys with breasts.

Those of you with helpful and understanding parents are very fortunate.  That there is the possibility of an aesthetic solution for some is a change that occurred during the decades I paid it no attention to it all.  What would be even better is a culture that doesn't have essentially 100% of people ashamed of their bodies for merely existing.  The way I feel now, which started changing in college, was that after decades of life threatening and life destroying health problems, getting broken up in a car wreck, that I don't need to have the trauma of major surgery and more scars and less functioning nervous system yet again.  Every physical trauma of that magnitude I have had took years to stop having echos of problems and heal completely.  When I get nerves damaged they tend to go the RSD (Complex Regional Pain syndrome now called) direction with years to decades of neurological pain from even minor injuries.  Now at 64 I am the healthiest I have ever been but even so my nervous system continues to deteriorate from previous damage.  Consider carefully.  As I get older all the old injuries (including surgical) get painful all over again.  I can feel the whole catalog of injuries I spent a lifetime accumulating.   Personally I thing that dealing with this "normal" (typical, not unusual, common) breast growth a majority of men have at some time in their life in our minds, where the problem originates, is a preferable answer if it is doable.  The whole problem literally disappears if there is no cultural standard of general body shame.  Ask it the other way around.  What percentage of people that you know don't buy into the whole cultural body shame standard?  Am I the only such person you have even talked to?

Offline TigerPaws

Alchemist,

I agree with you about the cumulative effects of injuries, surgeries and wounds. They take a toll on your body that most do not notice until they turn 50, then it seems to catch up with you.

hammer

Alchemist,

I agree with you about the cumulative effects of injuries, surgeries and wounds. They take a toll on your body that most do not notice until they turn 50, then it seems to catch up with you.

I'm here to tell ya, that is the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God! I am also living proof of that as well!

On the other hand, I don't know where I would be without some of the surgeries that I have had, would I even be able to walk at all? I don't know. I do know that if it isn't needed or absolutely necessary, don't do it.

That being said, I am going to have another tooth pulled tomorrow, I soon will be running out of them! Damn this diabetes, who know that would kill the teeth too?

Bob aka Hammer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024