Author Topic: PHOTOS - What Do I have, and what is my best course of action?  (Read 4866 times)

Offline jhsingh

I suspect I have a mild case of gyno, and have had it ever since I remember...it has caused my self confidence to take a great hit. Im 19, about 6'1 and have an athletic build.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
You have a little bit of puffy nipples gyne, but i wouldnt spend money for surgery for it at all, unless it really affects your life (negatively)...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with mark102.

Mild case of gyne with puffy nipples. 

If it doesn't bother you, then forget it.

If it bothers you, try to wear a compression garment to hide it.  The only other alternative is surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jhsingh

thanks for the quick replys, I am actually looking at surgery as an option because this has decreased my self confidence quite a bit ( i am extremely hesitant to take my shirt off at beaches, pools, etc)

If I have puffy nipples, which is, to my understanding, not full blown gyne, it means that the surgeries will differ.

At the same time, I understand that some surgeons may be better at actual surgery for gyne rather than puffy nipples. So does anyone have any recommendations of surgeons in the vancouver bc area.?

DrBermant

thanks for the quick replys, I am actually looking at surgery as an option because this has decreased my self confidence quite a bit ( i am extremely hesitant to take my shirt off at beaches, pools, etc)

If I have puffy nipples, which is, to my understanding, not full blown gyne, it means that the surgeries will differ.

At the same time, I understand that some surgeons may be better at actual surgery for gyne rather than puffy nipples. So does anyone have any recommendations of surgeons in the vancouver bc area.?

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Surgery has its own demands. You are correct, it is always best to look for a surgeon's skills in the form of gynecomastia contour problem that you have. With subtle gynecomastia, since you are starting out with a finesse problem the results should be looked at with methods that tend to bring out the fine aspects of the problem and solution. That is why I evolved my Standard Gynecomastia Picture set to show such subtle issues. The oblique contour views, flexing of muscles, arms up overhead, and videos are more revealing about subtle issues. You do not want to end up like the many who have come to me unhappy after surgery elsewhere with a Puffy Nipple Complication. That is why investigating just what any doctor's methods result in before surgery is a much better option than assuming that the results should look good. While no doctor can guarantee results, what they show on their sites should represent typical cases.

I found that puffy nipple gynecomastia to be its own variant to such a degree that I designed its own section on my site, with its own anatomy page, complication page, and galleries of before and after surgery images.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While a puffy nipple on a thin person is different from a puffy nipple on top of a large breast on a big guy (the surgery to correct is slightly different for each of these conditions), any gyne surgeon should be able to deal with either problem.  

Please understand, there is no such thing as "minor" gyne or "minor" puffy nipples -- each type of problem requires its own individual surgical approach.  In fact, I constantly discuss this with my surgical team during an actual operation -- every single operation is different -- there are no "routine" cases.

If you are in the Vancouver area, you might search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Also, I have heard excellent recommendations for Dr Phil Haeck in Seattle.

Absent success, I would be pleased to offer help to you -- I have had many patients come to New York from the Northwest.  If interested, send me a PM and I will send you details.  No charge for the consult -- of course.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024