Author Topic: Puffy Nipples But Strong Chest  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Andy

Hi, I'm an 18 year old male. I work out a lot and have a firm chest, but puffy nipples are really discouraging. I am unsure if there is anyway to reduce this, or if surgery is the only fix.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
if you've had the puffy nipples for a while (2 years) then everyone seems to say that surgery is the only answer as of now. i too have puffy nipples and i have my date to get surgery at the end of feb

hammer

Yup, surgery is it. Don't fall for any of the bull out on the web. Trust your brothers here on the forum, they have "been there and have done that". Some of us have lived with this for 40 plus years and the doctors on this forum are great.

You are among friends here.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Puffy nipples are due to growth of breast tissue directly under the areola -- it then pushes the nipple out.

Sometimes the puffiness looks better -- that's when you are cold or otherwise stimulated.  It is due to the action of muscle fibers within the areolar skin, which serve to tighten the areola and push the excess breast tissue inwards -- hence it looks better.  But truly nothing is being done with the underlying cause:  excess breast tissue.  And when you warm up or the nipples are no longer stimulated, the puffiness will return.

Best alternative for you is surgery to permanently remove the excess breast tissue.  Advise lots of research -- find a plastic surgeon who is knowledgeable and skilled at this particular operation.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline davidson

• Posting Member
@Dr Jacobs

In regards to the excess breast tissue - Can that be removed solely with liposuction if it has been identified as 'fatty adipose tissue'.

Thanks!

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No matter what a person "feels" or what a mammogram reveals, the proof of whether tissue can be removed with lipo alone is only determined at the operating table.  That is why I believe any surgeon worth his salt should be prepared, prior to surgery, to do whatever is necessary to get the best result in a single operation.  I have heard of surgeons planning to perform lipo -- and then, if necessary, going back in with a second operation at another time to remove gland -- HOGWASH!!!

Dr Jacobs

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Hey Dr when you say permanent do you mean removing the entire glandular tissue? Don't mean to go off topic just wondering since i have heard different things about removing all the gland tissue versus leaving some for a more "normal" appearance?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is a small amount of breast tissue under the areola in all men -- that is the normal condition.

When I perform gyne surgery, I remove the excess breast tissue but have to leave a normal amount of residual tissue to prevent a crater deformity.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024