Author Topic: Gyne can it run in the family?  (Read 3264 times)

Offline gyne555

• Posting Member
  • gynecomastia - ruining my life since 2001
I have had gyne since I was 12 or 13 and I am now 16 almost 17. My brother who is 14 I have just recently noticed was getting gyne. I asked him about it and he said he noticed it too but thought he was just gaining weight, I feel a little bad because I showed him this site and he felt terrible about it. Anyways my dad doesnt have it, I have a 13 year old sister who hasent developed at all shes like literaly skin and bones...I just think that its odd that at 13 I had bigger breasts then my sister. Anyways I figured mabey is it possible that since both my brother and I have it that mabey it runs in the family...but if this is so I dont want to have childeren that will go threw this shit..so does anyone know if it does or if this is just a coincidence?

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
I think that rather than gyne, other genetic factors are shared...ie obesity, testosterone production, diabetes, and general body figure.
In my case, my father is overweight, my brother is overweight, and I was overweight. I have almost the same body type as my brother and father, although weighing less.
My father said that he used to have pointy breasts. Now they are totally flat, though they are saggy a bit (he is 54). I am working up the courage to ask him one of these days when they subsided and stopped being pointy and protruding.
My brother definitely has it, has had it since 12 just like me.  I think he is self-conscious of it also.
I think that inactivity and eating habits contribute greatly to the passing along of gyne.
All three of us have the potential for brad breasts (brad pitt pecs) but we have never been an athletic family and have shady eating habits.

Offline shakamunya

• Posting Member
There is a condition of inherited pubertal gynecomastia:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15483104

Increased extraglandular aromatization has been reported to cause the rare entity of familial gynecomastia. Recently heterozygous inversions at the p450 aromatase gene promotor locus were detected in two different families with this syndrome.We studied a family in which seven affected males over three generations had inherited prepubertal gynecomastia in an autosomal dominant manner.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 04:58:12 PM by shakamunya »

Offline User

• Bronze Member
My Dad's chest is large, but it's flat and he's pretty muscular.  Apparently, my Grandfather (his father) had a very large chest.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
my answer is yes it can. My dad is not overweight in any way, but has a large set of breasts, and mine were very similar in appearance.

EDIT- mannyman- I just saw your pics.... do you really believe you have gynecomastia? I'm post op and I'd kill for a chest like yours.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 05:56:37 AM by Taz »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i have it and my big bro has it
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It runs in my family. Not just puffy Nipples, but rounded, contoured breasts, Degree of nipple/areola enlargement varies among us.  Body types vary from lean to obese. All have it to some degree.

Only one nephiew had surgery, They removed a glob of glandular tissue about as large as an egg yolk and over 200 ml of fat from each side.

Concurrently, all the girls in the family have very large breasts.  My youngest daughter is contemplating breast reduction surgery.  Her present Bra size is 38H.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 08:03:09 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Gine2D

yes, my father has them I have them 40-C, my sons have them.  All the women on my fathers side of the family are D+ as well as my sisters.

It is normal in my family.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024