Author Topic: How common is it?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I put out numbers from time to time, but this time I'm asking.

Most of us, at one time or another, harbored the belief that we were very much alone. That no one else had this problem.

Even here there are some of us who still feel alone. If that is, or has been, true of you; here is something I want you to try.

Now, in the heat of summer, find a bench in an air conditioned mall where you can sit and watch the people go by. Don't count, take notes, or stare; just observe.

Note how many men, regardless of age, have obviously enlarged nipples or breasts which are plainly visible through their clothing.

Note how many men are wearing baggy clothing that is dark enough to be hiding something. What might they be hiding?

Note the number of men wearing multiple layers of clothing, Why would they dress that way?

Note how many men are wearing heavy clothing that is inappropriate for the summer heat. Why are they so heavily dressed? What could they be hiding that is important enough to endure the summer heat dressed in that way?

After you have done this, I'd like for you to share your observations.

We are not alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Stardog

• Posting Member
Most men are not hiding gynecomastia though but regular fatty man-boobs...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The term Gynecomastia was first use by the Greek physician Galen in the second century. As he used the term, it applied only to contoured breasts which would not have included what we now call puffy nipples. In the more modern context, the term is applied equally to both. Actually there is usually both fatty and glandular tissue involved so the distinction is, in some ways, meaningless. At least one Doctor I know of only uses the term Gynecomastia if there is some sort of pathology of the breast involved. If we were to adopt that narrow definition, we could close down this site today as there would not be enough people to keep it going.

I've known of lads with rather minor puffy nipples who had become so shy of being seen that they had virtually imprisoned themselves in their homes and seldom ventured out, especially in daylight.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:17:30 AM by Paa_Paw »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024