Author Topic: How the hell am I suppose to pay for this!!!  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
 >:( I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW I WANT TO JUST TAKE A KNIFE AND CUT THESE SOBs OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!

I have to pay like 2500 for a surgery. My parents wont pay for it and I have a pretty bad case. I tried Tamoxofin and it didn't work, so Surgery is my only other choice.

MY INSURANCE WONT COVER IT!! AND MY PARENTS ARENT PAYING FOR IT!!! GRRRRRRRR  AAAAAAAAAH

Im going to vegas in June for 2 weeks! I want this gyne out before then! Hot weather + Gyne= hell load of trouble.

Sorry just finding some place to FUME. I am tired of looking like a freak and having to hide myself when going to the pool or beach. I'm not going to live with this.

I wonder if I can get a loan from the bank and pay it back in payments????? Hmmm.

Any ideas?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
2500 sounds cheap, might be surgeon's fee only before other costs are added in, which might take you closer to 4000 depending.  but even then you're still doing well, nyc surgeons are pricier still, and i doubt you question whether it's worth it.  

if you got the op, you might still be dealing with recovery issues by the time you got there.  but tell yourself it could be worse, you could be discovering the surgery option ten years from now instead (or later, like lots of other people).  if it's tough, focus on what life will be like on the other side and tell yourself it's a small price to pay.  

banks want either significant salary or collateral.  if you can't do those, see if time and personal circumstances permit a second job.  

venting and steaming is normal for those with gyne  ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:56:49 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
How old are you?
Before i knew that the insurance would cover it, i didn't really worry about the money.
Because i had some savings in the bank from my summerjob(worked every summer since i was 13) + If that wouldn't have covered it I would have gotten a job. And I would have worked vigorously! Worked sometimes after school and on weekends then i could've easilly saved up the money in maybe 4 or 5 months(that is with the job alone).

So the moral of the story is...
Get a job!  :)

Edit: Also, i am only 17 and the surgery would've probably cost max 3k $(in iceland). +
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 04:03:03 AM by Vanatu »

Offline Brettus

• Posting Member
I understand the need and desire for instant results, instant action.  But when it comes to stuff you really want that costs large sums of money, sometimes you have to wait... it can be grueling.

A job, some will power and a savings account that accrues interest is what you need.  If it truly is $2500, then you can work a full time job.  If you averaged, after taxes $6 bucks an hour, then you could have your $2500 in 2 1/2 months, working full time.

That means, if you started TODAY, you could have your surgery at the beginning of summer... just in time.

If you really want it, you can think of ways to get it.

Offline Midwestdude

• Posting Member
I agree with all that's been said.  Even if the final cost is around $4K, there are means and that translates to WORK, savings and sacrifice (giving up other things in the meantime).  (Oh, did I mention "Work"?)

Forget about insurance.  The industry would be crippled overnight if they agreed to cover gynecomastia procedures.

I don't want to get on too much of a soapbox but hey, it all comes down to one thing:

How bad do you want it???

If today you had a life-threatening situation and unless you came up with the money in, say, 12 months....guess what...you'd FIND a way.

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
I'm 19, and make minimum wage. Im in college too. Which just make things more difficult.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
get the problem fixed soon no matter what the cost. gyno ruined my college experience.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
That's what I've seen a lot of on here.

Surgeons shouldnt tell people to wait years for surgery. It's really a hard thing to live with. It can completely cripple your social life. I'm 16, and it has already effected mine, but I think it's salvagable. ;)

Luckily, I have parents that believe they know what I'm going through (they really dont), so they're paying for the surgery.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You get it the same way you get money for anything else.  

You earn, you save, and you set priorities.

While you are at it, you might count your blessings. This condition has been around since before written history, while the surgery has only been around for about 20 years. Those of us who are older had no choice but to learn to live with it.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
If you are going to Las Vegas in just a few months, the skin would no doubt still need to tighten up more anyway.

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Listen, think of it as a challenge, THE challenge of your life right now. No, life's not fair...get over it. You can either step up, be a man, and do what it takes to resolve the problems that you see in your life, or just sit there and let the world pass you by, wondering why it happened to you or why other people won't solve YOUR problems. You choose what kind of man you want to be. If this really is that big of a problem for you, and you DON'T take hold of the opportunities that require some amount of ACTUAL WORK, then I think you've already decided what kind of of man you will be. It's your life bro. Good luck, don't give up. -J.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024