Author Topic: Post surgery swelling  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Sari96

So I had my surgery 1 week ago and had my first check up yesterday, I was told I can raise my arms above my head now so I  havnt been scared and have been throughing my arms about normally during the day - putting my shirt on myself, swinging my school bag onto my back. BUT....... Since then the area of my nipple, mostly under it has seemed to have swelled abit and is abit sore to touch and even feels like the gland is still under there. Could anyone help me on what it could be or something that I should stop??

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Just because you can lift your arms up doesn't mean you should take it for granted and start flaring them all around. You're still early in the game. I would slow down and get the swelling back under control. You're prob damaging tissue that is early in the healing process.

The stuff your feeling underneath is prob scar tissue. That will go away with time.

Just take it easy. Treat it like you would a sprang ankle.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Wow - it took me weeks and weeks before I could lift my arms over my head without feeling a tight, pulling, tearing sensation. Even when I was told I could - I could still feel it and didn't. Just my advice - but stay with button down shirts for a week or two so you're not pulling anything over your head...

You could just be creating scar tissue - which if you read this forum - will know that can take months or a year to go away - or you might need injections to minimize it after time....

really? swinging your school bag onto your back> ok - i just could not have done that without hurting something.... I kept all weight off my arms and shoulders for a month to be safe. I didn't even carry groceries for a month....

good luck. be careful.

Offline Mark123

• Posting Member
I agree with the other 2. I also had my surgery a little over a week ago and although I can put my arms above my head(I can feel some pain if I really stretch), I've still been trying not to do any unnecessary movements

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024