Author Topic: Thinking of surgery  (Read 2645 times)

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Thought I'd post on here as been reading posts and looking at pics for a while, and was extremely relieved to find something as supportive and informative as this site.

I've had gynecomastia for about 12 years now, I'm 26, and the thing that bothers me most is the puffy nipples (which I now know is caused by the glandular component of breast tissue).

Like many of you on here, I have the same thoughts/fears/routines.....rubbing nipples before I take off my top (if and when I have to), wearing baggier tops, blaming keeping my t-shirt on at the beach on being fair-skinned (one advantage of it!). I've tried working out tirelessly over the years but it seems that as my pecs get bigger, it just shows off the condition more.

So I've realised that surgery is the only option and am really looking forward to it (once I can afford it!)

After reading loads of posts about Karidis I'm thinking I'll probably go with him (I had looked at going for a local plastic surgeon near to where I live as I read that it's important to get someone who is BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) registered http://www.baaps.org.uk/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/ but Karidis seems to be one of the real experts in this field and I think he'd really do a good job and after looking at his site and seeing before and after pics feel confident about his work.

My one question is, from anyone who's had it done (Karidis or others), do you have to undergo general anaesthetic? Has anyone had it done by local? Don't know why but I hate the thought of going under....just incase I never wake up! It does say on Karidis' site that some people can but wondered if anyone had?

Cheers.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I had surgery with Karidis mate and can't recommend him highly enough. The whole experience was effortless and the results speak for themselves. I basically had the same type of gyne as you describe, puffy nips with a bit of fat around them. I went the usual route and had a general anesthetic and to be honest it was a piece of cake. Also bear in mind that the dose is very small because you are only out for a matter of about an hour, and so the risks are very small indeed. I had the same fears as you but after talking to him about it, these fears were quickly quashed.  ;) I would certainly recommend him to anyone considering gyne surgery.

Take a look at my diary thread. Link here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13273.0

If you need any more info just ask. PM me if you prefer.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Ok thanks for that, makes me feel a bit better! Your diary is a great idea, and the pictures are excellent- you must be very proud of the results. Still, I can't beleive you're anyway near as high a body fat as you state. You certainly don't look that percentage- maybe the scales are dodgy!

Not sure what to do now, whether to have the consultation now, or wait til I've saved up the cash....I suppose there's no point in going to see him until I can actually afford the surgery!!

irish lad

yes but i think you should go for the consultation just to see if you get the green light for surgery... then saving will be easier because you know you can get surgery..(just my way of thinking u might not agree lol :D)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024