Author Topic: Bras  (Read 5698 times)

Offline Busty

When I read posts here, I often think we are as knowledgeable about and interested in bras as most women are. Maybe more than the average woman. 

Offline Johndoe1

My bra fitter has commented that she wished all her clients were as knowledgeable as many of her male clients.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

I feel that is a safe assumption.  Some here had to figure out the living with breast at an earlier age yet didn't just slide into bra wearing at the first sign of growth.  Others here are trying to figure it out later in life as development brought them to the point of needing a bra for support.  All the while, I feel the case in most men's lives is the way we must learn to wear this garment on a male frame.  Shaping and confining without the obvious signs of wearing a bra.  If its seen or have visible signs of, most would agree it is what it is.  The other thing for me is we just don't have those talks with friends to see what works as I feel most women can and do on occasion.  I do believe those active here do, do more research. This space is our place for a band of brothers.  Or rather, brothers with bands!

Offline SideSet

I love seeing what bras other women are wearing and comparing their busts to mine and how their bras work for them and how they might work for me.

Confused old man

I started buying mine at Nordstrom’s. Order one, doesn’t fit..free returns. Repeat as necessary. My wife has troubles with bras fitting. Always has. 34H. Smaller framed with large boobs. As gravity and older age came on, so did her styles of bras to wear for the right fit. She uses Nordstrom’s for the same reason.

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
Few people appreciate a good, supportive bra more than a guy with serious gynecomastia. I just wish I could have worn a sports bra in high school gym! Strenuous activity is so much more comfortable now.

Offline blad

I just wish I could have worn a sports bra in high school gym! 
Second that. I was already accepting that I needed one.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline SideSet

Blad, all those kids saying you needed to wear a bra were right. 

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I feel that is a safe assumption.  Some here had to figure out the living with breast at an earlier age yet didn't just slide into bra wearing at the first sign of growth.  Others here are trying to figure it out later in life as development brought them to the point of needing a bra for support.  All the while, I feel the case in most men's lives is the way we must learn to wear this garment on a male frame.  Shaping and confining without the obvious signs of wearing a bra.  If its seen or have visible signs of, most would agree it is what it is.  The other thing for me is we just don't have those talks with friends to see what works as I feel most women can and do on occasion.  I do believe those active here do, do more research. This space is our place for a band of brothers.  Or rather, brothers with bands!
Yep, what you said, Orb! I can't have a conversation about my two girls with my wife because my "condition" disturbs her. She doesn't like the changes that my body has undergone on its own and wishes things were back to where they used to be.

Offline blad

Blad, all those kids saying you needed to wear a bra were right.
Yes, I did admit to myself that they were right and I needed a bra.

That is the issue; you can recognize that you need a bra, accept that you need a bra, be willing to wear a bra and be OK with wearing one for the rest of your life, but feel inhibited to admit that to others or to be able to feel relaxed to wear your bra in public. It can take some additional time to overcome inhibitions of wearing a bra full time. It is like we get called out for needing a bra and then called out if we accept that and actually wear one. It is clearly the social pressures that is the hardest part in accepting the need for a bra.

Orb

Yep, what you said, Orb! I can't have a conversation about my two girls with my wife because my "condition" disturbs her. She doesn't like the changes that my body has undergone on its own and wishes things were back to where they used to be.

MychalBloodwing, 
  Acceptance by us is one thing as we change.  Acceptance by those who love us may not come as easily.  Growing up with the condition and accepting that person as they are is different than learning to accept the changes nature threw at us in the here and now.  I hope it comes, and believe it will for you, me and those who developed later.  Change is hard.  Those near and dear to us have their own burden also.  They too must learn a new normal and endure glances and comments because of our changes.  I'm always mindful of their feelings also.  Chin up mate.  Mine is!

Confused old man

I have been reading the forum here for about 4 months. I joined a couple of months ago. This forum has really really helped me with acceptance of what has happened to me. So glad I discovered it and really glad you all are so open about it. I live in a town of less than 20,000. We have a YMCA. I am in a seniors Zumba class. So a week ago I did not hide the fact that I wear a sports bra. I changed clothes in the locker room. As I was taking it off, a guy in my class asked if that was a sports bra. 
I said yes it is....he asked why do I wear a bra....I told him the same reason I wear a jock strap while doing Zumba.
Today in the locker room, that man and another had sports bras on...hahahaha
And thanked me!
Bras work!

Offline Busty

So great the three of you wearing the bras you need as much as women do for exercise class

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I have been reading the forum here for about 4 months. I joined a couple of months ago. This forum has really really helped me with acceptance of what has happened to me. So glad I discovered it and really glad you all are so open about it. I live in a town of less than 20,000. We have a YMCA. I am in a seniors Zumba class. So a week ago I did not hide the fact that I wear a sports bra. I changed clothes in the locker room. As I was taking it off, a guy in my class asked if that was a sports bra.
I said yes it is....he asked why do I wear a bra....I told him the same reason I wear a jock strap while doing Zumba.
Today in the locker room, that man and another had sports bras on...hahahaha
And thanked me!
Bras work!
another advantage to wearing a bra , when it gets cold it keeps warmer. when I lived up north panty hose worked great when doing snow

Offline Busty

Oh yes wearing a bra and pantyhose 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024