Author Topic: Karadis Consulatation Booked.  (Read 3447 times)

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Took the plunge and booked it, lady on phone was dead nice, didn't give an address as don't want any mail yet, til I've moved out. Consultation is in a few weeks.

Few questions please guys:

How long does it take to get from London Euston to the hospital? (I'm coming from Liverpool). Would a taxi be expensive?

How long does the consultation take? I'm trying to sort out which train to get back, as they seem to go up ridicuosly is price.

Is there any chance of having to wait an therefore missing me train? OR even getting lost in the hospital or something lol.

Basically just want to know how long In should allow from arriving to getting train back, and how easy it is to get there. Thanks.

;D

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Try http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/JourneyPlanning/JourneyPlannerInput.aspx .... Awesome transport planner that I swear by! It'll tell you how to get from your own house door, all the way to Karidis' clinic by train, coach and then even tells you how to get around London with the Underground, etc! For reference, you can use "NW8 9NH" for the hospital address when using planners and stuff.

Taxi's in London are not only expensive, they usually take forever to get anywhere due to congestion. The Underground is cheap and quick (when it's working!). For around a tenner you can get a day ticket for zones 1-3. It should only take you around 20-25 minutes I reckon to get from Euston to St Johns Wood Underground station (which is literally 1 minute from Karidis). EDIT: It's only 3 miles from London Euston to Karidis apparently, I can imagine that'll take like 15 mins minimum to drive in London, but if you're not comfortable getting the underground you might find you can book a private taxi and negotiate the fee beforehand for about £10-15.

Consultation is very speedy and efficient. I felt a little disheartened as I did feel a little rushed. They only start treating you like gold when you start giving them money! (typical private practice ;)) But in terms of time, my consultation took 30 minutes or so. I had lots of questions for Karidis and even some pictures that I found online of people with cratered nipples and stuff. He really put me to rest and told me those pictures were due to the work of amateur surgeons and he laughed when he saw them!  ;D

For transport, maybe look at getting a coach? They're really not that bad, you can get National Express coaches for around £8 and if you're lucky Megabus.com sometimes goes as low as £2 to London!

Definitely arrive early at the hospital, the staff are helpful but the place was way bigger than I would've thought. I'd say 40 minutes early is definitely a good idea, you may even get called in early.

And congrats on taking the first step mate! It's a crazy and exciting journey with an awesome outcome, you won't regret it - I haven't. :)
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Cheers matey. I got a bus ticket for £1 lol. And train back for £28 so happy days. Moved my appointment to half an hour later to be on safe side and the snet me directions. Happy days, will let use know what happens after consultation, im hoping for op start of Sept, all going well.

Offline moose88

• Posting Member
i booked my consultation a few days ago! just over a week until i go...nervous!

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hey, I shouldn't get too nervous.  No-one is more tetchy than me when it comes to getting my shirt of and displaying my goods.  Dr. Karidis has seen it all before.  It's literally just another day at the office.  And the ladies that work on the admin side of things will do all they can to make you feel relaxed.

I was as cagey as hell when I went for my consultation.  I felt quite  relaxed when it was over.  I also felt that I'd finally been able to "get something off my chest", pun intended  ;DDr. Karidis was the first person that I had really been able to open up too, face-to-face, so to speak.  Now, I'm just counting down the days to surgery, and the next chapter of my life.

All the best, JM

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
do you have a before surgery pics? cant wait for the results cause Dr. Karidis has done an amazing job on some members in here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024