Author Topic: How do you feel about waking up during surgery?  (Read 9340 times)

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
I would gladly experience that pain for just above 1 hour, then the different pain i have felt socially for 10 years  ;)

Agreed!

But I wouldn't worry about it, honestly.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I would gladly experience that pain for just above 1 hour, then the different pain i have felt socially for 10 years  ;)

Thats a very interesting to say. Pain for an hour may hurt more, but pain from living from Gyno is far more sevre and lasting.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Oh and at this time next week il already of went through surgery. Very scary and exciting. Thanks for all the responses I dont think il worry now ;)

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
Well...i've never been anesthetized or ever been given a hospital grade painkiller. And well after reading this i'm kind of excited...

Offline freak

• Posting Member
that shit never happens????? it just happened to me last week. I woke up, didnt see much but heard them working and felt some real pain..they heard me cussing and I went back to sleep pretty quickly.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
I drifted in and out a couple times and saw them doing their thing. Never felt any pain.

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
Im going under the knife tomorrow... I should not have read this

Offline freak

• Posting Member
even if you do wake up like I did, the anesthesiologist is right there the whole time and put you right back out. Thats what happened with me anyways.

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
I had twilight sedation. (It is not the end of the world if you wake up once or twise, been there done that) what happens is you get more "juize" and that Is It.
Remember there are people having the procedure with local only. (not recomended by me)

There is a total different story If you are under full anasthesia and waking up not being being able to speak or move and so on. (extremely rare and hardly worth talking about here)

Offline freak

• Posting Member
dont worry about not being able to talk if you woke up..I let out a couple of f bombs I think and was out right after that.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is Sunday afternoon, Tuesday i will have surgery. Not the kind of surgery usually the subject of this site though. My surgeon's specialty is orthopedics. Hopefully I will regain some feeling and use of my left hand. I have several worries, but waking in the midst of the procedure is not among them. In fact, the worries that I have are not about the surgery at all. I have a good surgeon and a good anesthesiologist. They are paid to worry about those things so I don't have to.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024